Mailenable Pro to Mailenable Enterprise

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
drkl

Mailenable Pro to Mailenable Enterprise

Post by drkl »

My Mailenable Pro Server has 400 domains and 6000 users. I want to upgrade to Enterprise version in my live server.

Anyone has done this before?

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Yes many users have done this, just upgrade over the top making sure the setting to retain all data is set (this is default). Best to do it in a non peak time, make a backup before hand and remember a reboot is required.

But this is all really being cautious as we see very few problems with this procedure.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

drkl

Post by drkl »

1. Will the mailing lists & forwarding stay?
2. Mailenable Pro is file-based. After upgrade, will it be still file-based or SQL database?
3. DO I need to purchase the Enterprise Lincense or use the trial version then purchase it one week later?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

1. Will the mailing lists & forwarding stay?
>>Yes .. in fact, the existing configuration files are not touched if you select the default option to preserve your configuration.

2. Mailenable Pro is file-based. After upgrade, will it be still file-based or SQL database?
>> It is still in the very same Tab Delimited File Format... it only changes if you use the provider migration wizard that is available after the upgrade.
3. DO I need to purchase the Enterprise Lincense or use the trial version then purchase it one week later?
>>It will reset your installation to evaluation mode.. you can then run in eval until you decide to purchase the upgrade or the eval period expires.
Regards, Andrew

drkl

Post by drkl »

1. So it is safe that I test the eval after upgrade from Licensed mailenable Pro to Enterprise for a week and purchase the license copy.

2. if the Enterprise not working after upgrade, can I revert back to Pro by re-installing the Pro version?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Re 1: Yes, It will run in evaluation mode.. you can then run in eval until you decide to purchase the upgrade or the eval period expires.

Re 2: Please see the following article:
http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020375
Regards, Andrew

drkl

Post by drkl »

RE 1: Does evaluation mode has full fuctions as Licensed Enterprise version?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Yes. No services or funcations are inhibited whilst under evaluation.
Regards, Andrew