forgot password?

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
gchacko

forgot password?

Post by gchacko »

Do any version of Mailenable give users the option (for webmail) to click on a link and have their password emailed to them if they lost it or forgot it?

DaRocker22

Post by DaRocker22 »

No, there is no version of MailEnable that I know that has this option.

MrByte

Re: forgot password?

Post by MrByte »

gchacko wrote:Do any version of Mailenable give users the option (for webmail) to click on a link and have their password emailed to them if they lost it or forgot it?

Interesting. If they lost the password, how will they read the mail? Unless they also have a POP/IMAP account setup with an E-mail client and has the password saved and can read the mails....
.MrByte

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

This would be a useful addition.

whgpjay

Post by whgpjay »

I think this would be useful as well. As I see it, this can either be done by either asking users for a "backup" e-mail address and/or using a secret question and answer for password resets.

DaRocker22

Post by DaRocker22 »

This can easily be done by creating your own forgot password application if you are using a database backend for the configuration of MailEnable, just add an additional field(s) for other e-mail, or secret question/answer and create a simple asp, asp.net, or php script to query the database and do the work.