Can't send e-mails to hotmail using php mail()

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
Shoesta

Can't send e-mails to hotmail using php mail()

Post by Shoesta » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:44 am

Hello,

when I try to send e-mails to hotmail recipients using a php script (mail() function) it doesn't work, but I can send the same e-mail with the same script to other domains like gmail.

I tried to send the e-mail using outlook 2003 and it worked.

Has anyone an idea why sending over the script doesn't work whereas with outlook it isn't a problem?

Thanks in advance

DaRocker22

Post by DaRocker22 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:49 pm

Did you check to see if the e-mail shows up in the Junk Mail folder on hotmail?

Shoesta

Post by Shoesta » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:53 pm

Yes, I already contacted hotmail and they said, that the message gets filtered by their anti-spam software.

But it's bizarre that I can send the message using outlook.

avalanchd

Post by avalanchd » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:09 pm

Have you tried using the com components supplied with mailenable. I know this is for asp pages but it should be portable to php. I got it from http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020083

<%

Dim oMail

Set oMail = server.CreateObject("MEMail.Message")< /FONT >

oMail.MailFrom = "peter@mailenable.com"

oMail.MailFromDisplayName = "Test Account"

oMail.ContentType = "text/html;"

oMail.MailTo = "peter@mailenable.com"

oMail.Subject = "Welcome to our service"

oMail.MessageBody = "<html><body><h1>Hello there,<BR>Welcome to our new service.</h1></body></html>"

oMail.SendMessage

%>

Shoesta

Post by Shoesta » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:28 am

Yes, but the standart version doesn't come with the mailenable API. Are there other free COM components to realize this?

Shoesta

Post by Shoesta » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:10 pm

I've now purchased the pro version, and I could send about 5-6 messages to hotmail using the api, but then I got the following error from the smtp debug log:

Communications Error: Socket connection to mx2.hotmail.com failed (error 10060). The host was either not contactable or it rejected your connection.

Perhaps I was added to the greylist, because the message content was always the same?

plz I need urgently help, because we're losing business!

DaRocker22

Post by DaRocker22 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:20 pm

Hotmail has several MX Records and when you attempt to send to hotmail and one of the mx records fails to connect the e-mail in MailEnable should be requeued and sent again, and possibly using the next available MX record. Hotmail servers do handle alot of e-mail so you have to be patient when sending there because you may not connect to the first mx record or the first server for selected mx record.

Hotmail has 4 MX Records with each MX Record having 4 different IP Addresses, which each IP address is probably on a different server.

If you try to make telnet connections to hotmail you will notice every once in a while your get a failure to connect, but then try it a second time and you'll see that you get a connection.

ryogi

Hotmail issue

Post by ryogi » Mon May 19, 2008 5:14 am

Hi Shoesta

I know this thread is quite old, but I am facing exactly same issue as yours. Could you please help me to understand how you resolved this issue?

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards
Yogesh