anti virus does not function

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
tet2002

anti virus does not function

Post by tet2002 »

hi all,

I have set up a new ME pro and want to try nod32 anti virus. I have done all the registry import stuff which is in other discussions. the test in the administration console also went fine.

I tired to send test messages with eicar test attachments. the messages all arrived to the mailboxes. I also ran the mta in debug mode using memta -debug and saw there that the messages arrive but didn't see any anti virus activity. I am sure I have something very easy missing in my configuration.

I would be thankful if someone could help me out with this as I am totally stuck now.

the mta screen shows an output like

to found:x@domain.com

mime encapsulation dedected
attachment found name=eicar.com
processing filter:
releasing 1 results

regards

tet2002

the problem was solved

Post by tet2002 »

I decided to post a reply as I solved the problem myself. It might help others because it is a little detail which everyone can miss in their configuration.

the anti virus filter to delete the infected messages was already enabled. but when I chose "when a virus is found condition ", this comes as disabled and although the filter is enabled and nod32 functions well, the filter didn't work at all. so I had to enable once more the pre condition.

Honestly I have to say it is kind of tricky and a bit confusing to enable one filter three times. I just cannot understand what it controls behind.
this is actually an mta rule, that is it.