Anti-Spam for a proxy server

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
mohakevin

Anti-Spam for a proxy server

Post by mohakevin »

Hello,

i,m looking for a anti-spam solution in a proxy server that has several servers behind.
The average traffic in the network is about 15M.
Are there any solution that someone recommend?

I like Mail Essentials, but i think that it´s for a only server.

i don´t bear if it´s a software solution or hardware solution.

Regards and thank you in advance.

mohakevin

Post by mohakevin »

Anybody ?

paarlberg

Post by paarlberg »

I Use ASSP for spam prevention. Even if you only enable the "recommended" 4 or 5 options, you will see spam go away.

I just installed it for a company that was receiving about 20-30k e-mails a day and most were SPAM. It has been catching about 99.8-99.9 of all inbound messages as SPAM. So far, zero false positives and only a few SPAM have slipped thru.

As of this morning the stats are below.

ASSP Proxy Uptime: 7.383 days
Messages Processed: 269465 (36499.7 per day)
Non-Local Mail Blocked: 99.8%
Messages Passed: 535
Messages Rejected: 268930

Most were spammers trying to send to bogus addresses and with only the following turned on, it has been great so far.

Greylisting
SPF
DNSBL
URIBL
PTR/RDNS
MX record

I also have it installed on several other servers with great success. They have been running for almost 1 year with it. These are a mix of exchange, Mail Enable and SM.

polarisie

Re: Anti-Spam for a proxy server

Post by polarisie »

If you are looking for a commercial grade antispam dedicated server and cost is not an issue then check out barracuda spam appliances. There tons of these devices out there.
mohakevin wrote:Hello,

i,m looking for a anti-spam solution in a proxy server that has several servers behind.
The average traffic in the network is about 15M.
Are there any solution that someone recommend?

I like Mail Essentials, but i think that it´s for a only server.

i don´t bear if it´s a software solution or hardware solution.

Regards and thank you in advance.
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

jgrant07

Post by jgrant07 »

We use Mailscanner (http://mailscanner.info/). It's a great spam and virus proxy server that runs on unix. We have it running on Fedora with SpamAssassin, FuzzyOCR, Razr, Pyzor, DCC, etc and it effectively stops 95-98% of all our spam.

You can also use MailWatch (http://mailwatch.sourceforge.net/) for a great monitoring web page to monitor everything.

If you want a more 'packaged' solution, try ESVA (http://www.global-domination.org/ESVA17.php). It's a VMWare virtual machine already setup and ready to go--just open it in VMWare Server free edition and setup your domains and where you want the emails to go (i.e. multiple domains go to different email servers) and you are ready to go.

Hope this helps everyone in their search for the best spam filtering solutions--it has greatly helped us. We are filtering 10k emails per day with average of 96% of them being spam.

Thanks