Anti Spam & Anti Virus Gateway

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
GianLuca69

Anti Spam & Anti Virus Gateway

Post by GianLuca69 »

Hi guys....I wanted to ask fellow users (more skilled and experienced than me) some support on how to setup and appropriate, effective and cost saving solution to significantly reduce the amount of spam hitting my server...I've been using ME for some years and I'm quite satisfied with it....I recently upgraded flawlessly to version 3.02 but some of my hosted postoffices are generating an increasing spam traffic. I wanted to test something like ewall to put before my mail server, on a separate machine since my mail server is installed on the same box with the webserver and managed with plesk 8.2. What would I need to do? Install a standard edition and configure it as a smart host redirecting the filterem mail to the primary server? Is this a clustered configuration or not? Is it different from a backup/failover configuration?? I can't exactly figure it out......

Thanx for your help!

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

Hi

I am about done with a freeware AntiVirus and AntiSpam plugin which i have developed for Mailenable. I am already running this on my servers and everything appears to be working correctly. I have managaed to reduce the spam i receive significantly.

However, the plugin is still new and needs further testing. I am looking for so called "beta testers" who would be interested in running these on their servers. Drop me a line if you're interested. All i ask in return is your feedback on the product

Cheers
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

eight2infinity

Post by eight2infinity »

I will be more than interested to be a beta tester :)
8 to Infinity Pte Ltd
Singapore Web Hosting

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

Ok, just signup via the website at http://www.mxuptime.com

I will send you the download link once i get your contact details
eight2infinity wrote:I will be more than interested to be a beta tester :)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

ekprojects

Post by ekprojects »

I would love to be beta tester too !!

Kevin

I allready submitted my details on your website :-)

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

I have sent you the download link as well.

Feedback pertaining the product would be very much appreciated

Cheers
ekprojects wrote:I would love to be beta tester too !!

Kevin

I allready submitted my details on your website :-)
Visit www.mxuptime.com

marktheleg

Post by marktheleg »

Looks interesting...

I do have a question about the requirements before installing, do you need to have perl installed for everything to work?

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

No, you do no need to have perl or anything. Everything's built in. The SpamD is using the official Win32 port. Clam is also built in. The installer will setup everything for you. No messing around with config files need

The only thing you will actually need is the .NET 2.0 framework which is what the engine is built upon.

Cheers
marktheleg wrote:Looks interesting...

I do have a question about the requirements before installing, do you need to have perl installed for everything to work?
Visit www.mxuptime.com

ekprojects

Post by ekprojects »

Hey,

big problem...
The filter seems to delete all incoming messages...
even sent from local addresses..

Urgent zolution?

Kevin

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

Hi

Just disable the clam scanning in the config if that is giving you problems. Can you zip up your log files and send them to me so that i see can what the issue is?

Cheers
ekprojects wrote:Hey,

big problem...
The filter seems to delete all incoming messages...
even sent from local addresses..

Urgent zolution?

Kevin
Visit www.mxuptime.com

rockinthesixstring

Post by rockinthesixstring »

could this product add the same header as ME users for its scoring? Then its results could be managed at the user level thru the webmail options.

example:
X-ME-Spam: Medium (60)
Chase
Server 2008 Standard (x64)
ME Ent 6.51 (SQL Server 2008 Config)
ASSP 1.9

rockinthesixstring

also, is the app transparent to MailEnable? What I mean is, does it resend the message or let the message pass through?

If it resends the message, then any built in scanning for ME (SPF, Greylisting, etc) could be effected due to the incorrect IP address.
Chase
ASSP 1.9

rockinthesixstring

rockinthesixstring wrote:also, is the app transparent to MailEnable? What I mean is, does it resend the message or let the message pass through?

If it resends the message, then any built in scanning for ME (SPF, Greylisting, etc) could be effected due to the incorrect IP address.
NM, i just noticed that it is an MTA and not a service.
Chase
ASSP 1.9

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

Yes, you can do this depending on the scoring
rockinthesixstring wrote:could this product add the same header as ME users for its scoring? Then its results could be managed at the user level thru the webmail options.

example:
X-ME-Spam: Medium (60)
Visit www.mxuptime.com

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

It is an MTA event and a Windows Service. The MTA event is just a pickup to move it processing folder, the service then runs by its own (as a windows service) and processes the message in a single thread/multi thread
rockinthesixstring wrote:
rockinthesixstring wrote:also, is the app transparent to MailEnable? What I mean is, does it resend the message or let the message pass through?

NM, i just noticed that it is an MTA and not a service.
Visit www.mxuptime.com