SNIMTA

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
JustinH

SNIMTA

Post by JustinH »

We are running spamassassin and just started using SNIMTA in conjunction with spamassassin. We are using the MTA batch file to use both of them together. Right now we are testing SNIMTA so we made a filter rule that copies the emails that SNIMTA finds to a testing account. When we look in there all is working, but some emails are in there 20 times and they are all to the same user. It is like this for most emails but some are only in there 4-5 times. What is happening there, is it looping and coping more than once?

polarisie

Re: SNIMTA

Post by polarisie »

JustinH wrote:We are running spamassassin and just started using SNIMTA in conjunction with spamassassin. We are using the MTA batch file to use both of them together. Right now we are testing SNIMTA so we made a filter rule that copies the emails that SNIMTA finds to a testing account. When we look in there all is working, but some emails are in there 20 times and they are all to the same user. It is like this for most emails but some are only in there 4-5 times. What is happening there, is it looping and coping more than once?
Have you tried setting your MTA threads to 1 instead?
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

JustinH

SNIMTA

Post by JustinH »

Thanks for the reply. Under MTA properties -> Send threads is set to 64. What effect what setting this number to 1 have? Also, the more I am looking at some of the emails, I noticed some are in there 100 + times.

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

JustinH wrote:Thanks for the reply. Under MTA properties -> Send threads is set to 64. What effect what setting this number to 1 have? Also, the more I am looking at some of the emails, I noticed some are in there 100 + times.
slightly slower processing depending on your volume. you can try with a setting of 1 to see if it helps and then set it back to a higher volume. anytime. Do you run into issues with the MTA event?
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

blue7floyd

Post by blue7floyd »

I think askimet is doing well. But there is one thing that still seems to be faulty with it. it actually puts every user in to the spam zone. So I think there is something that needs to be done with that issue.

---------------------------------
CORBIN GRAVELY