Need AV Scanner ASAP, Please Recomend, Thanks.

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
MaliciousIndustries

Need AV Scanner ASAP, Please Recomend, Thanks.

Post by MaliciousIndustries » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:54 am

We really need to add an AV scanner to ME Enterprise 3.5, trying to figure out what the best route is, though from the forums stand point the options seem endless? We are under 50 domains right now and none of them are extremely large domains, i would say around 100 total mailboxs. ME is set up on a brandnew box and the resources are plenty, 3.0 dual core, 4gig ram, raid 10. The performance of the system is great.

Really trying to find out what is the most widely used AV product with ME, something that is the most stable, my main concern is that it not cause errors or problems with ME and it actually catches virus's/ect. as well as Easy to implemnt is a plus, but we do not mind having to work as well.

Please give me recomendations as we need something asap, would like to actually have this implemented by the morning (pacific time).

Thanks Steve.

ericinmia

Post by ericinmia » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:20 am

It costs money... but it works in 5 minutes with barely any configuration.

I just installed http://www.mxuptime.com/solutions.aspx
which has clamAV in it. So far in the past 150 emails it has found 4 viri. :)

I have a request in to purchase it, but even if you can't get your key right away... the free version still has AV built in.

Good luck...
-Eric

P.s. I tried to install 3 others (big name AV) and they are not easy, and can be destructive on the system... so I really recommend this solution above, it saved me hours of testing/playing/hoping. :)

pearsont74

Post by pearsont74 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:23 pm

ericinmia wrote:It costs money... but it works in 5 minutes with barely any configuration.

I just installed http://www.mxuptime.com/solutions.aspx
which has clamAV in it. So far in the past 150 emails it has found 4 viri. :)

I have a request in to purchase it, but even if you can't get your key right away... the free version still has AV built in.

Good luck...
-Eric

P.s. I tried to install 3 others (big name AV) and they are not easy, and can be destructive on the system... so I really recommend this solution above, it saved me hours of testing/playing/hoping. :)
Looks like the free version includes the full AV....I already have MEFilter inplace and only need a AV scanner, wonder if i can use both and disable the spam and other filters on this one so my MEFilter runs.