Mailenable lite and mxscan - managing messages

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
Aluz1

Mailenable lite and mxscan - managing messages

Post by Aluz1 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi

i have instaled o my w2003 server mailenable lite and mxscan pro and one working postoffice
i want to ask if is any posibilty to manage messages,
mailenable hash is and store in mailboxes but searching it takes lot of time,
i found on mxscan option to archive all mesages what is great, but in archive managment i cant open them, i can open them in the achived directory but there they are once again named like hashes
this takes lot of time for finding and opening messages
why cant archive managment just open them ?

polarisie

Re: Mailenable lite and mxscan - managing messages

Post by polarisie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:16 pm

Aluz1 wrote:Hi

i have instaled o my w2003 server mailenable lite and mxscan pro and one working postoffice
i found on mxscan option to archive all mesages what is great, but in archive managment i cant open them, i can open them in the achived directory but there they are once again named like hashes
With regards to MxScan, the Archive Index basically shows where the messages are stored, provides a brief overview of the message and allows you to do a general search of the index.

Archived messages are normally zipped up and possibly moved to a different area/disk over time as the size grows. You may use the information provided in the Index to locate your daily zipped archive and extract the relevant message that you are looking for.

The information provided in the index is not 'hashed' :-) The key information you should be looking at is [AccountName]\[ArchiveName]\[Filename] columns

Cheers
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

Aluz1

Post by Aluz1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:20 pm

polarisie wrote:

With regards to MxScan, the Archive Index basically shows where the messages are stored, provides a brief overview of the message and allows you to do a general search of the index.

Archived messages are normally zipped up and possibly moved to a different area/disk over time as the size grows. You may use the information provided in the Index to locate your daily zipped archive and extract the relevant message that you are looking for.

The information provided in the index is not 'hashed' :-) The key information you should be looking at is [AccountName]\[ArchiveName]\[Filename] columns

Cheers
I think you know what i mean :) i had to sometimes inspect email conversation of our staff.

I had setup mxscan to store all incoming and outcoming emails what are stored in zip as you say, i store it at same place where are places "todays" messages what are not zipped.
zipped or not zipped each message is in this kind of format
8F330EB4FEDE4976952C161F482085EA.MAI

i could search it in mxscan archive index and the search index works great BUT THEN oh god i have to find it by the hashed number and that is simply imposible for me so i searching it by the time... what is lot easyer but not enough...

las weak i had to find some lost pricelist and belive me it was horried by finding it in search index and then lookup the floders...

wouldent be much simple and plesent just open the message in the index search/mxscan manager.

i think lot of ppl will apriciate that.

or i have some historic version of mxscan or its bad instaled ? cos i clicking on lines in archive manager and nothing happens...

btw i have another suggestion for mxscan, i think lot of administrator will apriciate some kind of multimedia scanner/blocker

todays employees and theyrs friends just flooding mailboxes and bandwidth with stupid photos and videos, i think this feuture will be great

cheers
Filip

polarisie

Post by polarisie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:20 pm

Aluz1 wrote:
polarisie wrote:

Cheers
I think you know what i mean :) i had to sometimes inspect email conversation of our staff.

I had setup mxscan to store all incoming and outcoming emails what are stored in zip as you say, i store it at same place where are places "todays" messages what are not zipped.

i could search it in mxscan archive index and the search index works great BUT THEN oh god i have to find it by the hashed number and that is simply imposible for me so i searching it by the time... what is lot easyer but not enough...

las weak i had to find some lost pricelist and belive me it was horried by finding it in search index and then lookup the floders...

wouldent be much simple and plesent just open the message in the index search/mxscan manager.

or i have some historic version of mxscan or its bad instaled ? cos i clicking on lines in archive manager and nothing happens...

btw i have another suggestion for mxscan, i think lot of administrator will apriciate some kind of multimedia scanner/blocker

todays employees and theyrs friends just flooding mailboxes and bandwidth with stupid photos and videos, i think this feuture will be great

cheers
Filip
Hi Filip

Thank you for your comments and suggesstions.

The MxScan Message Archiver is a basic Archiver mainly for compliance reasons only. The next version of MailEnable should include native archiving so its possible that most of these requirements would be fulfilled by the upcoming version.

As for your second question, what kind of Multimedia files are you trying to block?
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

Aluz1

Post by Aluz1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:41 am

polarisie wrote:
Aluz1 wrote:
polarisie wrote: With regards to MxScan, the Archive Index basically shows where the messages are stored, provides a brief overview of the message and allows you to do a general search of the index.

Cheers

cheers
Filip
Hi Filip

Thank you for your comments and suggesstions.

The MxScan Message Archiver is a basic Archiver mainly for compliance reasons only. The next version of MailEnable should include native archiving so its possible that most of these requirements would be fulfilled by the upcoming version.

As for your second question, what kind of Multimedia files are you trying to block?
Cool cant wait for that :)

but anyway you can still made some multimedia scanner in upcoming version of mxscan :) its great product
and for that small fee we get great results, 99% spam is gone :)
easy to manage and ever greater techsupport :)

i recommand mail enable and mxscan to all my administrator friends