MEFilter.exe Setup

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
daThomas

MEFilter.exe Setup

Post by daThomas »

I believe I have done the "Quick and Dirty" MEFilter setup properly as I have MEFilter in my ME Message filter logs.

HOWEVER, I see no snap in or anything for accessing the MEFilter Configuration Editor.

I am using the Eval Version of ME Enterprise and the eval version of MEFilter, is this why I see no MEFilter Configuration Editor?

bmsbms

Post by bmsbms »

Have you installed MEConsole.exe as well? You will need that to access all configuration etc options.

daThomas

Post by daThomas »

bmsbms wrote:Have you installed MEConsole.exe as well? You will need that to access all configuration etc options.
Thank you for the heads up however when attempting to install MEConsole.exe I receive the following "Component 'SCgrid.ocx' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registerd..."

I'm beginning to think MEFilter is not ready for prime time use.

:(

bmsbms

Post by bmsbms »

Sounds like you did not d/l the complete install package - this has several components to it. Once installed it works like a charm.

B

daThomas

Post by daThomas »

bmsbms wrote:Sounds like you did not d/l the complete install package - this has several components to it. Once installed it works like a charm.

B

Ah, you are quite right. I assumed mefilter.exe was the installer. Doh! Installing the package now. Thanks for your feedback and I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Also, once you have run from the installer, then download the latest versions for MEFilter.exe and MEConsole.exe from the site and just overwrite the existing ones, that way you will have the latest releases.

Although v7 states its beta, it is actually the latest release and I have been running it now for almost a year.