spamhaus-zen issues

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
psieloff

spamhaus-zen issues

Post by psieloff » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:33 pm

ME Professional - latest version. I enabled the DNS blacklists SORBS, Spamcop, and Spamhaus-Zen for the A IP address in both sections on the DNS Blacklisting tab. Every incoming message was flagged as spam, even from yahoo and msn.

I removed Spamhaus-Zen from the top section of the tab and now I am receiving mail again. One of the messages that landed in the Junk folder was from an IP address that I tested at http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx, and it showed that Spamhaus-Zen flagged it as blacklisted.

My question is: why did that email get past the Spamhaus-Zen blacklist?
Thanks
Paul

psieloff

Post by psieloff » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:49 pm

I think I understand now the difference between the checking the IP address of the sending address and IP address of the sending URL. It still does not explan why I stop receiving messages if I put Spamhaus-Zen on both the top and bottom sections of the DNS Blacklisting tab.

For example: When Spamhaus-Zen was listed on the top section, I sent myself a message from yahoo. The IP address is not blacklisted by Spamhaus-Zen. Here is what the log posted:
12/27/08 13:04:28 SMTP-IN 39CC4BFB6F304739A6F78CC682BF97F4.MAI 624 98.136.44.45 RCPT RCPT TO:<psieloff@artronix-solutions.com> 554 The IP Address of the sender (98.136.44.45) was found in a DNS blacklist database and was therefore refused. 114 43

Any ideas?