XML files used in ME

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
DavidPayer

XML files used in ME

Post by DavidPayer »

I would like to develop a helper app for ME that would do expiration of email (if older than X number of days, delete messages) and would send a Quarantine type of message based on the contents of Junk Email folder.

I see you generate an XML file in the folders that define the content. I am not sure of some of the items within the scheme. Is there a document on each of the fields defined by the XML?

Code: Select all

- <ELEMENT ID="00FECD18BF804CB2B2C4FC283A9D5CE0.MAI" UID="1209"> 
<MESSAGEDATE>2009-01-01T16:10:07</MESSAGEDATE> 
<MODIFIEDDATE>975274842</MODIFIEDDATE> 
<IMPORTANCE>3</IMPORTANCE> 
<FLAGSTATUS>\RECENT</FLAGSTATUS> 
<ATTACHMENTS>0</ATTACHMENTS> 
<FROM>"Crown Imperial Imports" <processing@americashippers.com></FROM> 
<TO>me@mydomain.com</TO> 
<CC /> 
<SUBJECT>[S] Notice of unclaimed parcel for David</SUBJECT> 
<RECEIVED>2009-01-01T16:26:49</RECEIVED> 
<READ>0</READ> 
<STATE>0</STATE> 
<CLASS /> 
<SIZE>18406</SIZE> 
</ELEMENT> 
1) what is modified date and what does the number represent?
2) Importance? is that the marking for High Priority?
3) Flag status is the same as the flag in Outlook Express? if not, what?
4) Attachments has the NUMBER of attachments or is this boolean?
5) State?
6) Class?

If I delete mail and then rewrite the XML to note the lastuid number, and only those remaining files, is there any thing I need to look out for?

David Payer
When you get to the fork in the road . . . take it!

polarisie

Re: XML files used in ME

Post by polarisie »

DavidPayer wrote:I would like to develop a helper app for ME that would do expiration of email (if older than X number of days, delete messages) and would send a Quarantine type of message based on the contents of Junk Email folder.

I see you generate an XML file in the folders that define the content. I am not sure of some of the items within the scheme. Is there a document on each of the fields defined by the XML?

Code: Select all

- <ELEMENT ID="00FECD18BF804CB2B2C4FC283A9D5CE0.MAI" UID="1209"> 
<MESSAGEDATE>2009-01-01T16:10:07</MESSAGEDATE> 
<MODIFIEDDATE>975274842</MODIFIEDDATE> 
<IMPORTANCE>3</IMPORTANCE> 
<FLAGSTATUS>\RECENT</FLAGSTATUS> 
<ATTACHMENTS>0</ATTACHMENTS> 
<FROM>"Crown Imperial Imports" <processing@americashippers.com></FROM> 
<TO>me@mydomain.com</TO> 
<CC /> 
<SUBJECT>[S] Notice of unclaimed parcel for David</SUBJECT> 
<RECEIVED>2009-01-01T16:26:49</RECEIVED> 
<READ>0</READ> 
<STATE>0</STATE> 
<CLASS /> 
<SIZE>18406</SIZE> 
</ELEMENT> 
1) what is modified date and what does the number represent?
2) Importance? is that the marking for High Priority?
3) Flag status is the same as the flag in Outlook Express? if not, what?
4) Attachments has the NUMBER of attachments or is this boolean?
5) State?
6) Class?

If I delete mail and then rewrite the XML to note the lastuid number, and only those remaining files, is there any thing I need to look out for?

David Payer

There is a utlility available here at http://www.mailenable.com/utilities/addons/MEPURGE.ZIP that does purging of emails > x amount of days. I am not too sure on the quarantine part though

cheers
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

DavidPayer

Post by DavidPayer »

polarisie wrote: There is a utlility available here at http://www.mailenable.com/utilities/addons/MEPURGE.ZIP that does purging of emails > x amount of days. I am not too sure on the quarantine part though

cheers
Thank you for this.

Does ME check for each file when it writes the XML in the folder or does it simply add on information? If we simply delete files (without adjusting the XML files), does this mess up what will display in webmail?

David P
When you get to the fork in the road . . . take it!

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

DavidPayer wrote:
polarisie wrote: There is a utlility available here at http://www.mailenable.com/utilities/addons/MEPURGE.ZIP that does purging of emails > x amount of days. I am not too sure on the quarantine part though

cheers
Thank you for this.

Does ME check for each file when it writes the XML in the folder or does it simply add on information? If we simply delete files (without adjusting the XML files), does this mess up what will display in webmail?

David P
You can force an update of the xml file by writing a _change.dty (i might have got the filename wrong, so pls check first) file. There were a couple of posts talking about this

cheers
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com