MXscan ME installation problem

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
salva5369

MXscan ME installation problem

Post by salva5369 »

hi,
I have download the last downlodable versionof MXscan Lite 8.1.200.
The first installation seems ok but no mail was processed so I have decided to disinstall the sw and reinstall it but when I run the disinstallation program it report me an error "there is a problem with this Windows Installer Package...." and the sw abort. so when I have tryed to restart the MxScanConfig it report me an error "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application".

Now it is impossible for me to run, fix or uninstall the software..

what can I do?

My system is Windows server 2000 and I have MailEnable Professional Edition version 3.04

polarisie

Re: MXscan ME installation problem

Post by polarisie »

salva5369 wrote:hi,
I have download the last downlodable versionof MXscan Lite 8.1.200.
The first installation seems ok but no mail was processed so I have decided to disinstall the sw and reinstall it but when I run the disinstallation program it report me an error "there is a problem with this Windows Installer Package...." and the sw abort. so when I have tryed to restart the MxScanConfig it report me an error "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application".

Now it is impossible for me to run, fix or uninstall the software..

what can I do?

My system is Windows server 2000 and I have MailEnable Professional Edition version 3.04
Hi

Unfortunately, Windows Server 2000 is not a supported platform for MxScan. While, i have been able to install MxScan on my test Win2k platforms there have been numerous reports that it does not work on Win2k.

And at the moment given that win2k is about to go EOL soon, i do not have any future plans for Win2k support
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com