set MEFILTER---configuring

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
lestraw

set MEFILTER---configuring

Post by lestraw »

For my part of the page is very empty MEFILTER lack consistency in their tracks

NOTE: I was at the site MEFILTER not find documentation regarding the SPF and much less to the configuration of MEFILTER.

For my part of the page is very empty MEFILTER lack consistency in their tracks
nada por el estilo

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Are you talking about MailEnable filtering or the MEFilter add-on ?

lestraw

Post by lestraw »

Actually, I'm crazy, I have two days sitting in a fucking chair, trying to resolve the SPF. I've completed all the steps in Windows Server 2003 DNS, this is my SPF v = spf1 a include: verizon.net.do ~ all.

MailEnable Professional manual, I read it completely,
I have done everything the manual says, which is as follows:

Setting

Description Descripción

Enable SPF

Enables the SPF detection.

Reject failures

If an incoming connection returns a SPF fail, then the email message will not be accepted by the SMTP service.

Add Received-SPF header for unauthenticated senders

Adds the Received-SPF header to all unauthenticated emails arriving via SMTP.

Pass local IP addresses (no checking will be done)

If an IP address is determined to be local, then an SPF check is not done.

Enable local whitelist policy

Use your own SPF whitelist policy. The local policy is checked when the all mechanism exists for the domain being checked and is not indicating a pass. The local policy only has an affect if it is passing the domain, so you would create an SPF that indicates requirements for domains you wish to pass. The whitelist policy can be a complete SPF record, but must exclude the SPF version string (ie Must not have “v=spf1”).

Apply best guess policy for domains without SPF records

For connections that do not have an SPF record further checks can be added in their place. A subsequent check could be done on an MX record or even an A record for the domain lookup.

With MailEnable, the results of a SPF test are added as a header item to the email. The header is Received-SPF . SPF tests return one of seven results, which are outlined below. The added header includes the result and a brief description. If you are running any filters to check the header, the first string after the header is the result. Ie Received-SPF: none, Received-SPF: fail.

For information on configuring filters for handling SPF results, please see section 9.2.1.13 . .

on MEFILTER install MEFILTER and solves nothing, because I install a tool MEFILTER DNS, told me what is best for this, pay 175 dollars for this fucking page to tell me the tricks to resolve this case, the truth that I I'm tired, this is incredible.

Pardon the phrase but I'm annoyed
nada por el estilo

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Sorry, I am no better of working out what you have done.

I have SPF enabled on the SMTP proerties tab.
Also enabled are Reject emails which fail and dont check local addresses.

Remember if you do make and SMTP changes, to restart your SMTP connector.

On each of my domains I added the TXT record "v=spf1 a mx ptr -all"

I have no idea what the "MEFILTER DNS" tool is.

If you install the program MEFilter that I developed, it allows for more control over the various SPF results.

lestraw

Post by lestraw »

Thanks, will do what you say. MEFILTER and I say the wrong tool DNS, jeje
nada por el estilo