Mailenable 5 not working with Helm3 CP

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
fredski

Mailenable 5 not working with Helm3 CP

Post by fredski »

Greetings,

we are still using the Helm3 Control Panel, and after upgrading to Mailenable 5 provisioning of mailboxes no longer work trough this control panel.

Anyone here that have the same problem, and possible solved it by tweaking Helm3 code, or have any input on where the changes must be made?

Regards

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Mailenable 5 not working with Helm3 CP

Post by MailEnable »

The underlying API has not changed; so it is unusual that it does not work.
What is the exact version of MailEnable that is installed. The Diagnostic Report should inform as to the version (as does starting the Management application).
Regards, Andrew

fredski

Post by fredski »

Greetings,

version: 5.05

I notice that allready created postoffices seems to work fine from the Helm3 CP, adding new mailboxes works fine.

When adding a new domain to Helm3 CP however, the domain and postoffice is created, but not the mailbox. I receive the following error in the Windows Event Log:

Code: Select all

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MailEnable
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	10000
Date:		3/8/2011
Time:		10:52:24 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	NS2
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 10000 ) in Source ( MailEnable ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: MailEnable Postoffice Service error: 3, Timed out waiting to block for POSTOFFICES\domainxxx.no\MAILBOX..

fredski

Post by fredski »

UPDATE:

I just found out that it is not possible to create mailbox from ME Enterprise Manager either.

- The same error came in Windows Event Log when trying to create mailbox from ME Manager.
- The problem is only with new domains created BY HELM CP after upgrade to 5.x
- Creating a postoffice, domain and user from ME Manager works fine.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

You should update to 5.10 - since 5.05 has a problem with the API. To update, simply download and run the exe; it will update the API and fix the problem.
Regards, Andrew

fredski

Post by fredski »

Confirmed!

Thanks.