MxScan lite on ME5

ted

MxScan lite on ME5

Postby ted » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi,

I have just installed MXScan Lite on a MailEnable 5.1 server and want to eval the SPAM filtering capability. The install seems to have gone OK, even claimed to be "successful" but the filter seems to not be scanning anything. All messages are being delivered to the mailbox OK. I can see that the MXScanEngine is running and the Pickup Event is in the MTA section of MailEnable, plus the MxScan logs show the service starting and log various changes that I have made in the GUI, but nothing gets added to the header of any incoming mail and the MXscan log never shows that anything has been scanned either. I can enable the ClamAV portion and run the little Test in the GUI and it tells me that it found the EICAR test string but that never makes the MXScan log either, though I am not sure it should. Just hoping someone on here might be able to point me to something to look at that I have missed. It must be something stupid that I have overlooked. Thanks.

ted

Re: MxScan lite on ME5

Postby ted » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:14 pm

I reinstalled MXScan last night and now everything seems to be running. Not sure what happened.

polarisie

Re: MxScan lite on ME5

Postby polarisie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:01 am

Hi

The most likely reason would be the MTA Event in MxScanConfig has not been enabled. By default after a new installed its set to DISABLED

Anyway, glad you managed to get it to work.

Cheers
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com