new free activity monitor

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
goblin

new free activity monitor

Post by goblin »

the current activity monitor is not user-friendly and seems to be not actively maintained.
So i wrote a more modern replacement. Comments or suggestions are welcome.
.NET Framework4 is required

Version History
1.0.0.0 - First announcement
1.0.0.1 - disk load optimizer improved
1.0.0.2 - whole application (menus, messages etc.) translated to english
Attachments
MEActivityMonitor 1.0.0.2.zip
(244.92 KiB) Downloaded 1106 times
Last edited by goblin on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MailEnable-Ben

Re: new free activity monitor

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Didnt work for me on server 2008. Could see the editor load but no activity when I connected using SMTP.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

goblin

Post by goblin »

MailEnable-Ben wrote:Didnt work for me on server 2008.
Oops, yes. It was an incompatible approach to avoid disk load. Fixed and setup in post 1 replaced.

Thank you for testing

superiorit

Post by superiorit »

Looks like its all in German on my end. It also is setup to only read from the default ME installation path.

goblin

Post by goblin »

superiorit wrote:Looks like its all in German on my end. It also is setup to only read from the default ME installation path.
Only setup and one submenu are left in german. All other menus, messageboxes etc. should be in english already.
The Logging Path is configurable. The default Path is active after a fresh install, feel free to change it to a path of your choice after setup.

Thank you for your feedback

goblin

Post by goblin »

The whole application (all menus, all messages etc.) is translated to english now. :D
Please use updated Version 1.0.0.2.

superiorit

Post by superiorit »

It is still setup to read from a default installation path, a 64bit one. Where is the config file stored so I can change it? Can you have this as an install option?

goblin

Post by goblin »

superiorit wrote:It is still setup to read from a default installation path, a 64bit one. Where is the config file stored so I can change it?
Please navigate to your installation path (there where "MEActivityMonitor.exe" is stored). Nearby you will find "MEActivityMonitor.exe.config"
This is an XML-File. You can edit this with an simple ascii editor, for example notepad.

Inside this file please find the section "RootPath" and edit the value.

Code: Select all

<MEActivityMonitor.Settings>
            <setting name="RootPath" serializeAs="String">
                <value>C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Logging\</value>
            </setting>
        </MEActivityMonitor.Settings>
superiorit wrote:Can you have this as an install option?
Probably not as an install option, but as autodetect, like the original activityviewer. But i have to fiddle with this because of different editions and versions of ME. Currently i have only the free edition to test it.

NickInOz

Post by NickInOz »

Is setup supposed to be in English yet, because I downloaded the latest and the entire setup routine is still in German.

goblin

Post by goblin »

NickInOz wrote:Is setup supposed to be in English yet, because I downloaded the latest and the entire setup routine is still in German.
I have currently no possibility with my german version of visual studio to change the language of setup.
But the setup is so simple, without any further questions. So i hope this is not a serious problem.
Improvement of the program itself stands (at least for me) to the fore.

dafacct95

Post by dafacct95 »

OK....got the install completed.....however, when loading the activity monitor pgm, I get "The directory name c:\program files(x86)\mailenable\logging isn't valid.

ME isn't loaded there. How do I edit the config file to force the MEActivityMonitor to locate the correct install path? The correct install path is d:\mailenable

I cannot locate the config file for MEActivityMonitor

Thanks