MailEnable & AWStats

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
Post Reply
karlgram

MailEnable & AWStats

Post by karlgram » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:09 pm

Hi All,

I wrote a log converter that converts the MailEnable log into a AWStats compatible format. You can can add this to your awstats.mailenable.conf file int the cg-bin dir of AWstats. The only requirment is that you have the .NET framework 1.1 installed (since it's was built using c#).

If anyone is interested, let me know....

Regards,
Karl

cassius
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:29 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by cassius » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:15 pm

I'm interested.

karlgram
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:13 pm

Post by karlgram » Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:03 pm


Paolo

Post by Paolo » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:52 pm

excused, I do not write well English

It compliments karlgram optimal job,
but I have some problem, they do not come generated statistics

Update for config "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\quasar\cgi-bin\awstats.mailenable.conf"
With data in log file "c:\awstats\tools\melogconvert.exe C:\Progra~1\MailEn~1\Logging\SMTP\ex030929.log | "...
Phase 1 : First bypass old records, searching new record...
Searching new records from beginning of log file...
Jumped lines in file: 0
Parsed lines in file: 0
Found 0 dropped records,
Found 0 corrupted records,
Found 0 old records,
Found 0 new qualifed records.

I use:
- MailEnable Pro 1.116
- AWStats 5.9

you can help me !

thanks

karlgram
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:13 pm

Post by karlgram » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:14 pm

I've got the same situation, but have not had time to investigate this. I think MailEnable keeps a lock on the log file. This means the convertor is not able to access it until ME has released the file.

One way to solve this (and how I do it) is to schedule the awstats update after midnight to pick up the log file from the day before. You will then see that it properly reads the log. (You can also manually tell awstats to pick up an old log file).

Guest

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:09 pm

Thanks for the fast answer

I have tried to change the date of the computer, but the problem persists
I have put the scripts in automatic to 00.01, we will see tomorrow morning


thanks

cassius
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:29 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by cassius » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:48 pm

If you set it to run every day just after midnight, you might want to alter the configuration file that is included to subtract 24 hours from the current date/time. The config file in the archive has it at 3 hours previous.

I guess it would probably still work at 3 since it only looks at the date to identify the log file (as long as you ran it automatically sometime between midnight and 3am).... but technically it should be 24 =)

Guest

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:25 am

All my awstat updates run every 2 hours, therefore I don't have a problem :wink:

BTW: I forgot to mention that you need to log all possible fields in the ME log (the convertor expects them). Otherwise it may not work properly.

Paolo

Post by Paolo » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:04 pm

Hi,
I have modified the log like from indicated you, but this e' the error that they give to me

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin>awstats.pl -config=mailenable -update
Update for config "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\awstats.mailenable.conf"
With data in log file "c:\awstats\tools\melogconvert.exe C:\Progra~1\MailEn~1\Lo
gging\SMTP\ex030930.log | "...
Phase 1 : First bypass old records, searching new record...
Searching new records from beginning of log file...
Jumped lines in file: 0
Parsed lines in file: 231
Found 0 dropped records,
Found 231 corrupted records,
Found 0 old records,
Found 0 new qualifed records.


thanks

cassius
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:29 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by cassius » Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:58 pm

Corrupted records means the format is invalid.

Check the awstats.mailenable.conf file to see the format it's looking for, then check ME to make sure it's producing logs in that format. Keep in mind that any logs created prior to changing ME's configuration will still be in the old format and will fail.

Guest

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:04 pm

Hi,

I made a new build. Download it and try again (it's in the same place as before).

This build fixes the locked log file problem and also takes into account the actual fields written to the log file based on the #fields: line in the log.

Let me know if this fixes your issues...

Karl

Paolo
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:24 pm

Post by Paolo » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:46 pm

Hi

For cassius:
after to have enable all the options of the log, i have cancelled all log files, i use a log cleaned up


For Karl:
if use
...ex%YY-3%MM-3%DD-3.log...
...ex%YY-4%...
...ex%YY-5%...
...ex%YY-6%...

i have this result
Jumped lines in file: 0
Parsed lines in file: 0
Found 0 dropped records,
Found 0 corrupted records,
Found 0 old records,
Found 0 new qualifed records

only if use ...ex%YY-24%MM-24%DD-24.log... i have this result
Jumped lines in file: 0
Parsed lines in file: 5715
Found 0 dropped records,
Found 5715 corrupted records,
Found 0 old records,
Found 0 new qualifed records.


also using the new ver. "melogconvert.zip"

thanks for your time
Paolo

Paolo
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:24 pm

Post by Paolo » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:22 pm

For Karl:

if use the new ver of melogconvert.zip, i have the process MELogConvert.ex that for 5 minute it occupies 70% of the cpu

excused for my English

karlgram
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:13 pm

Post by karlgram » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:22 pm

Hi Paolo,

Send me your log files. I send you a private message with my email address.

Cheers,
Karl

karlgram
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:13 pm

Post by karlgram » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:24 am

I modified some things and fixed some bugs. Please download the last version.

Post Reply