MailEnable & AWStats

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
cassius

Post by cassius »

Mine isn't working. It's saying only one line found and it's corrupted. When I run the converter directly with "melogconvert c:\progra~1\mailen~1\logging\smtp\ex030930.log" I get this:

Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission,
mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
failed.

I verified that the log file actually exists. And it's yesterday's log so ME shouldn't have it open any longer. Any ideas?

karlgram

Post by karlgram »

Hmm, looks like a .NET framework problem to me. Please verify that you have the last .NET framework installed (it's version 1.1 if I'm not mistaken).

brashquido

Post by brashquido »

Excellent :D !! I had actually statred writting a Perl script that did this, but hadn't gotten very far, and now someone has beaten me to it :P . I can't wait to give this a try!

cassius

Post by cassius »

I do. I just installed it from windowsupdate yesterday, I downloaded it just for your script (I don't use .net for anything else). And I'm logged in as administrator. Any other ideas?

Post by Guest »

Yep, there was a problem with the date format if you logged 2003 instead of just 03. I fixed it and a new version is available.

If this does not fix your problem, please send me your log file so I can have a look.

karlgram

Post by karlgram »

That last message was mine, forgot to log in on this forum. They should make that mandatory :wink:

Karl

Waldek

Post by Waldek »

Hi karlgram,

I have a problem with a wrong e-mail size (everyone have size 43 bytes)

I use:
- MailEnable Standard 1.71
- AWStats 5.9
- MELogConvert 1.0.1374.16708

Can you help me ?

thanks

karlgram

Post by karlgram »

Can you send me your log file? My emailadres is in my profile...

rvissers

info

Post by rvissers »

I am getting this error...anybody have any ideas:

Error: Command for pipe 'd:\progra~1\awstats\tools\melogconvert.exe d:\Progra~1\MailEn~1\Loggin\SMTP\ex021102.log | ' failed

rmercier

tried to download; file is empty

Post by rmercier »

I tried to d/l the .zip file and it was empty... Any ideas?

rvissers

nothing

Post by rvissers »

Still can't get it working...same error...anybody have any ideas?

rikard

Post by rikard »

Waldek wrote:Hi karlgram,

I have a problem with a wrong e-mail size (everyone have size 43 bytes)

I use:
- MailEnable Standard 1.71
- AWStats 5.9
- MELogConvert 1.0.1374.16708

Can you help me ?

thanks
I have the same problem, did someone find the solution?

/rikard

sa

Post by sa »

I get this error when I try to run (update) the awstats conf file.
Error: Command for pipe 'c:\awstats\tools\melogconvert.exe C:\MailEnable\Logging\SMTP\ex031219.log | ' failed

Setup ('C:\AWStats\wwwroot\cgi-bin\awstats.mailenable2.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.

Any ideas?
I tried giving "everyone" permissions to the "MElogconverter" as well as the conf file... but that didn't work.

Brett Rowbotham

43 byte problem

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

It would appear that the log converter is reading the sc-bytes entry for successful email receipt (which is always 43 bytes) instead of the cs-bytes entry which has the correct size of the email. Any plans for an update to fix this ?

Apart from the size problem, the log converter works very well for me and we are seeing some amazing statistics that we would never have discovered. Thanks Karl.

brekkjen

Post by brekkjen »

sa wrote:I get this error when I try to run (update) the awstats conf file.
Error: Command for pipe 'c:\awstats\tools\melogconvert.exe C:\MailEnable\Logging\SMTP\ex031219.log | ' failed

Setup ('C:\AWStats\wwwroot\cgi-bin\awstats.mailenable2.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.

Any ideas?
I tried giving "everyone" permissions to the "MElogconverter" as well as the conf file... but that didn't work.
Check to see that you have daily logging in mailenable. If not the filename will be wrong.