A New MTA Filter

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
MartynK

Post by MartynK » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:34 am

The Stats do show in the MEConsole, just must be something with your setup being different from mine. Not sure why, but I will have to check the code and see what is missing, could be that I have a hard coded directory or something in there.

Can you email me a copy of your MEFilter.cfg file to mefilter@publicplanet.com

Thanks

Martyn

BlueChris

OK thx

Post by BlueChris » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:00 pm

Mail is gone.. thx in advance

Brilliant!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Martyn,

This bolt-on is prob one of the best I have seen for any program. It works 100% in exacitly the manner that I would expect. Hat off sir!

However, I was wondering, unless I have missed it, ca you add in a blocked attacments filename list.... ie:

I know you can block extention, and ive tried adding it to that.... but I would like to block, arecent example, photos.zip or documents.zip.

Adding the complete file name to the extention rule simply blocks all those type of extentions.

Excellent worl thoug.

I really think you should put up a donations page as this is very good work.

MJ

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:01 pm

Also maybe an import function for spam?

MJ

MartynK

Post by MartynK » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:08 pm

Thanks for the thanks. Its just a bit of fun for me really. Just doing this in my spare time, as I work on financial trading system software during the day and beer at the pub during the night.

As for adding full filenames, I will see about adding it into the next version.

I am off to Australia on Saturday on business for a week so it will be a week or two before I manage to get anything major done in the next version.

Thanks again.

Martyn

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:29 pm

Thanks for the reply.

A couple of other things. Would it be possable to send notification back to the sender and not the receiver of blocked attachments? - Or did I miss it?

Have a good week down under!

MJ

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:58 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has got the email disclaimers working?.
Doesnt seem to work for me after following instructions on the web page.

Ta
Steve

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:32 pm

Yes they work great.

Alexandru

MEFilter various problems

Post by Alexandru » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:40 am

1 - Congratulations fot the MEFilter. !

Probles that I have:

- No warning e-mail is send: I use SMTPMessageType=MS , but noone is receving the warnings. Is there a log for them?

- The MEconsole Setup is keeping me with "setup cannot continue, some files are out of date.." I pressed OK, Setup has reboted the server, ran Setup again, the same message ..

Server is running win2000 STD Server, SP4, Mailenable STD 1.71

Regards!

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:01 pm

I had the same no notify message problem as the guy above me too.

Also is it possible to have a "both" option for the SpamFilterScanRawHTML setting that would do one pass normalized output (NO) and a second pass over the raw HTML (YES).

I find sometimes it's helpful to add domain URLs to the spamlist for offenders so that when they send graphic-only message bodies, I can spot the URL of the pic.

Then if you process the raw HTML only to do that, you miss all the times where they add junk HTML tags in words to split them and fake out word matches like this:

Thi<cdhoithk>s is a ve<thhhtjslksk>ry tri<tpokj>cky way to h<jhpoi>ide spam words.

Eric Conley

Post by Eric Conley » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:57 am

Martyn

Good to see you are coming to Australia. It’s a great place to follow up your “beer at the pub during the night”.

I’ve had a good run with MEFilter on my two clients servers, both small, but the MEConsole is rounding out a great app that works well with ME for me. (Ouch – pun intended)

There is a minor issue I’ve noted with MEConsole.

I keep all held messages on the server for seven days to give the intended recipients time to “redeem” them so I can have over 100 in the “Spam” and 20-30 or so in the “Attachments” hold areas.

The main window seems to do a full video refresh when you open the folder, change folders or do a bulk delete or similar operation.

Seems to take forever at about a one or two per second rate.

However if you minimise the main window then restore or maximise it does the refresh/delete/release or whatever near instantaneously.

Seems that the video refreshes are committing a lot of resources.

I do not know VB, but maybe you can bypass the refreshes simply, maybe its not so easy.

If you can it would remove a nuisance.

Best wishes, have a good time in Aus. I’m in Armidale, NSW BTW, but it’s a big country as you know.

Eric Conley.

Eric Conley

Post by Eric Conley » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:04 am

Martyn

Sorry my last post was not clear:

read the relevant para as follows with the added bit in UPPER CASE and it should be clearer:

"...seems to do a full video refresh FOR EVERY AFFECTED MESSAGE when you open the folder, change folders or do a bulk delete..."

EricC

shawdzee

Post by shawdzee » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:48 am

I am still not seeing the Stats in the console....

So I tried to use the INSTALL (rather than copying the given files in the subdirectory)...

The Setup replys, that it needs to install a few DLL's and then reboots... but after running it again, it will try again to install DLL's...

I examined the dll's and it seems the VB6STKIT.DLL is not being installed.

How can I manually install/register this DLL, so that I can complete the installation process.

I tried: (after copying it to system32 directory)
regsvr32 VB6STKIT.DLL
Gave an error and did not work.

platform: Windows 2000 Server with (almost) all the patches.

thanks,

Grumpydoug

VB6STKIT.DLL

Post by Grumpydoug » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:00 pm

I've done a check on my Server 2000 and did not find the file " VB6STKIT.DLL " on my system, as a file or in the registry...

Hope this helps...

MartynK

Post by MartynK » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:25 pm

OK, I have just taken the ref entries from the VB MEConsole. Here is all that is required by both MEConsole and MEFilter. MEFilter does not use as many files as MEConsole as it does not require any visual components.

Reference=*\G{00020430-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}#2.0#0#..\..\WINNT\System32\stdole2.tlb#OLE Automation
Reference=*\G{420B2830-E718-11CF-893D-00A0C9054228}#1.0#0#..\..\WINNT\System32\scrrun.dll#Microsoft Scripting Runtime
Reference=*\G{CD000000-8B95-11D1-82DB-00C04FB1625D}#1.0#0#..\..\WINNT\CDOSys.Tlb#Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 Library
Reference=*\G{00000205-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}#2.5#0#..\..\Program Files\Common Files\system\ado\msado25.tlb#Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library
Object={831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.0#0; MSCOMCTL.OCX
Object={F9043C88-F6F2-101A-A3C9-08002B2F49FB}#1.2#0; COMDLG32.OCX

If anyone has any questions let me know. I will be around for the next 24 hours and then you may have to wait for a week or so before I get back home from a trip down under for work.

Laters

Martyn