ESET File Security configuration

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
iltera

ESET File Security configuration

Post by iltera »

ESET File Security has a command line scanner called ecls.exe (command line parameters here) in the installation folder. As I know it uses the same engine with its older versions (ESET Endpoint Security) for Windows Servers.

In the this forum, there are threads opened in 2012 (http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=24123) and before (http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.p ... d32#p74280), all explaining how to get ESET to work with MailEnable, but I couldn't make it work though.

When I click "Test Settings" from the "MailEnable Antivirus Filter" window, I get the configuration for this antivirus module appears to be correct. message, but it doesn't show any information about finding and removing the test virus as it does with ClamAV test.

The reg file I came up after some search is like this:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Agents\MTA\Filters\MEAVESET]
"Status"=dword:00000001
"Antivirus Notification Message"="<<- An attachment in this message contained a virus and it is removed successfully. ->>"
"Antivirus Scratch Directory"=""
"Antivirus Parameters"="\"\[AGENT\]\" --base-dir=\"C:\\Program Files\\ESET\\ESET File Security" --arch --quarantine --mail --rtp --adware --sfx --pattern --adv-heur --unsafe --unwanted --action=clean --quarantine --no-log-all --log-file=\"C:\\Program Files\\ESET\\ESET File Security\\mail-log.txt\" \"\[FILENAME\]\""
"Provider DLL"="MEAVGEN.DLL"
"Program Name"="ESET File Security"
"Program Info"="ESET File Security software has been developed by Eset Software since 1992. Eset today is a privately held software development and research company with offices in San Diego, USA, London, UK, Prague, CZ and Bratislava, SK."
"Exit Code Enabled"=dword:00000001
"Exit Codes Error Inclusive"=dword:00000000
"Exit Codes"="0"
"Type"=dword:00000001
"Antivirus Agent"="C:\\Program Files\\ESET\\ESET File Security\\ecls.exe"
"Send Return Notification"=dword:00000000
"Notification Address"=""
"Message Handling"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Agents\MTA\Filters\MEAVESET\Default]
"Antivirus Parameters"="\"\[AGENT\]\" --base-dir=\"C:\\Program Files\\ESET\\ESET File Security" --arch --quarantine --mail --rtp --adware --sfx --pattern --adv-heur --unsafe --unwanted --action=clean --quarantine --no-log-all --log-file=\"C:\\Program Files\\ESET\\ESET File Security\\mail-log.txt\" \"\[FILENAME\]\""
"Exit Code Enabled"=dword:00000001
"Exit Codes Error Inclusive"=dword:00000000
"Exit Codes"="0"
"Antivirus Agent"="C:\\Program Files\\ESET\\ESET File Security\\ecls.exe"
MailEnable has ClamAV out of the box ready and working, I know that. But making updates of virus database and anti-virus engine constantly, it's not even close to sufficent since it can't even detect the obvious .zip files containing viruses in the mail attachments. So, as I have ESET installed on my server, why not use it? :)

Has anyone configured MailEnable to work with ESET File Security before? May be share you experiences here...

P.S. I'm using MailEnable Enterprise Premium 8.60 and Eset File Security 6.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2