UebiMiau - error: SMTP Error: Recipient not accepted. Verify

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
dotnetnoob

UebiMiau - error: SMTP Error: Recipient not accepted. Verify

Post by dotnetnoob »

i'm using UebiMiau as webmail. i can received email but not sending it out and this is the error message that i got SMTP Error: Recipient not accepted. Verify your relay rules

what do i need to set in order to make Mailenable to work with UebiMiau and send out email message

thank

WAW

Post by WAW »

I found that this webmail is setup for a Unix/Linux server, not a windows server. I had major problems with it about 1.5 years ago. I decided to purchase the pro version. That fixed the problem. The pro version has webmail included in it.

KoZo

Post by KoZo »

In the FAQ:
What I need to run UebiMiau ?
- Just a WebServer running PHP 4.0 or greater (IIS, Apache, or other PHP-compatible webserver)

I can run UebiMiau under Win32 or Unix ?
- Sure!. UebiMiau is 100% compatible with all plataforms running PHP
You have new mail!

OwenD

Re: UebiMiau - error: SMTP Error: Recipient not accepted. Ve

Post by OwenD »

dotnetnoob wrote:i'm using UebiMiau as webmail. i can received email but not sending it out and this is the error message that i got SMTP Error: Recipient not accepted. Verify your relay rules

what do i need to set in order to make Mailenable to work with UebiMiau and send out email message

thank
You need to set up the login properly in /inc/config.php

The format must be as expected by ME

username@postoffice_name

e.g

$mail_servers[] = Array(
"domain" => "your_domain.com",
"server" => "",
"login_type" => "%user%@<Put post Office Name Here>"

There are some serious security issues when running UebiMiau.
They can be overcome, but you should do some looking around before you go ahead.
On a production system, considering all the overhead involved such as installing & securing PHP, installing & securing UebiMiau and possibly (if you don't run one) installing and securing a web server, it's far easier (and cheaper if you consider time spent) to go for ME Pro.

My web server logs regularly show people trying to find /webmail/
which is the default. I don't run a production web server, so if they are looking for it, they are trying to find a security hole.

You've been warned :wink: