Out-of-Office email automation for MailEnable [v 0.1.8]

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
hoststools

Post by hoststools »

I think the message "how do i uninstall it" is spam and created only to show the links in the signature.
Must have software for Web Hosting Providers and Server Administrators. Professionally developed. Tested on a real web hosting environment.

WebReliable

Post by WebReliable »

no it's not. it's not working for me. i'd like to uninstall it. lol.

WebReliable

Post by WebReliable »

my autoresponders wont work for one domain. could this have anything to do with it? they show in the .msc (mail enable admin). but it just wont respond. another one of my clients is currently using it on another domain. the domain is configured right, theyre using it for their mail. weird.

any help from an obvious mailenable pro? btw, id be an awesome script if it worked for me.

j

someone_else

Post by someone_else »

My out-of-office script basically automates the autoresponder setup in MailEnable (so it is a front end of sorts). If there is a problem with autoresponders, then obviously this script won't help you with that. You should try and see what the problem is, and once you can get autoresponders to work normally (when set up from MailEnable) then the script should also work.
MailEnable plugins:
DKeyEvent - DomainKeys/DKIM
MESpamC - SpamAssassin integration

WebReliable

Post by WebReliable »

that would explain why the script doesn't work for me. the autoresponders don't work in general. =P

Edgar Strasser

out-of-office addon does not send email for confirmation

Post by Edgar Strasser »

my out-of-office addon creates the out-of-office-text but the email for confirmation ist not send. What could be the reason for?

someone_else

Re: out-of-office addon does not send email for confirmation

Post by someone_else »

Edgar Strasser wrote:my out-of-office addon creates the out-of-office-text but the email for confirmation ist not send. What could be the reason for?
Which confirmation are you referring to?
MailEnable plugins:

Intercode

Auto responder Utility request

Post by Intercode »

Hi Someone_else,

I have a problem with auto responding to spam emails. I have checked this forum and nobody has offered any advice to stop this problem using ME.
Therefore I would like to offer a possible solution by suggesting you set up your utility to create a "Respond to Sender" filter rather than creating an auto responder. That way it could be run after the spam filters and then only genuine emails would get responded too. I know this would mean the auto response would become plain text again but I would rather this than have an auto response sent to spammers confirming my email address.

Do you think this is possible?

Many Thanks

someone_else

Post by someone_else »

I'm sorry, but I only have the Personal edition of MailEnable, and that doesn't have filtering capabilities. Also, I think that the autoresponder mechanism is something best left to MailEnable, as it would be a complex (and possibly dangerous) task to build a third party one (which would not fall under ME control). It's all too easy to get tangled into an autoresponse loop which floods or gets the server blacklisted.
MailEnable plugins:

bender

Webmail Problem

Post by bender »

Hi,

I discovered a problem where i use the out-of-office script with MEWebMail client.
I know that you have only the personal edition but it might be interesting.

When i send a mail to out-of-office@yourdomain.com within the WebMail, the script works and deliver the confirmation request to my mailbox but doesn't modify the "_index.xml" file. (I think it's because the mail is proceed localy).
So with my MEWebMail client, i don't see the confirmation request mail unless i delete the "_index.xml" file (in order to rebuild it).

Thanks for your help

paigeagency

I know nothing

Post by paigeagency »

I'm new to this but i'm the most tech savvy person in my office. I set up the e-mail addresses just fine but there is a woman here who wants the out of office functionality We don't have an exchange server and would like to do it at the server level so her computer doesn't have to be on for the autoresponder to work. I don't have the faintest idea about how any of this works.

Could somebody give me very basic step by step instructions for how to set this up. I'm not sure where to find/activate the the delivery event or any of that.

Thank you very much for your help.

NickInOz

Ignore user entered subject

Post by NickInOz »

Is it possible to modify the out of office script to completely ignore any user entered text for their out of office message?

I would like to hard code it to something like "Out of Office Notification" and then have the message body as user defined or a default if one is not entered.

intrust

Setup for ME Standard on Windows Server 2008

Post by intrust »

We have ME Standard running on a Windows Server 2008 x64 system, but no matter what we try, cannot get this working. Created the mailbox, set up the delivery event in a couple different ways, and confirmed built-in autoresponder feature is working. Here are the different ways the delivery event has been configured:

- cscript.exe "%directorypath%\out-of-office.wsf"
- batch file with the same command line
- Moved wsf file to MailEnable program files directory, repeated steps.

Anyone been able to get this working in server 2008?

SkullCo

Post by SkullCo »

I too am having a problem with the out-of-office utility.

When a user sends their message to the OOO address, it does update the auto-reply message, but does not enable it - this appears to be normal, as the user should receive an e-mail that they have to confirm to enable it. The problem is, they never get the confirmation e-mail, so they cannot reply.

This used to work fine for me, but I suspect it broke after one of the Mailenable upgrades. From examining the scripts, it appears that the confirmation e-mail is supposed to be inserted into the queue directly by the script. I suspect it's a permissions problem, but haven't had time to investigate further.

Any observations / suggestions would be welcome.

Seppy

Post by Seppy »

Hi,
do you use IMAP or POP Service.
The OOO Script doesnt work correct with IMAP.