MESpamC - MailEnable SpamAssassin Client [v 0.3.1 / 0.2.5]

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
Marconius

Post by Marconius »

someone_else:

The virtual machine you use... did you download one of the preconfigured virtual machines and then fix it to your specs or did you make your own and install everything from scratch? Do you think it is more worth while to set one up yourself or to use one from the virtual appliance directory like ESVA? I am really interested in doing this, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel by doing it myself if I can use a preconfigured appliance with a little modification. :wink:

someone_else

Post by someone_else »

I build my virtual machines myself; I am also the one who put together the SAVASM VM. Now whether you want to use a preconfigured VM like SAVASM, or build one yourself from scratch largely depends on your knowledge of UNIX systems and your willingness to do it. If you're not entirely familiar with the systems (i.e. if you don't really know what you're doing) then you might be better server by using a preconfigured VM; if, on the other hand, you know your UNIX and have the time to spare (setting up a complete SA server can take a while) then you might as well do it yourself.
MailEnable plugins:
DKeyEvent - DomainKeys/DKIM
MESpamC - SpamAssassin integration

Marconius

Post by Marconius »

Where can I download a copy of the SAVASM VM? Like I said, I don't want to reinvent the wheel if it is already done. I think the last time we built a linux mail server (been a few years now) and setup spamassasin/clamav and such it took several days for it all to be done. I don't really want to put that much time into it if someone like yourself has already done it.

someone_else

SAVASM

Post by someone_else »

Last edited by someone_else on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MailEnable plugins:

quantuml

Post by quantuml »

first of all spamassasin in savasm cant handle high volume spam traffic.
it is crashing after 8-10 hour excessive activity. (i tried to upgrade to latest spamassasin but the problem is not solved)
finally win32 version of sa is working better than native one :) (for me at least)

and i think your code sometimes is not correctly release file handles , because mta cant delete stracth folder after scan. ( if a disable pick up event everything works fine)

someone_else

configuration depends on your environment

Post by someone_else »

The default SAVASM configuration may not be appropriate for high volume traffic. Further on in that thread (and in other topics as well - simply do a search for SAVASM) you will see various posts on how to tweak the settings for optimal performance in your environment.
MailEnable plugins:

kkyang12

install SpamC

Post by kkyang12 »

Hi im new here, i planning to ask some professional some suggestion since alot ppl said and i doing some research regarding MESpamC.
Actually i already downloaded this spam software into my local computer for testing is running smooth.
so i would like to ask some configuration setup.

how much for that Spam Score should i fill-in?( because some i saw from forum fill-in 5 and some fill-in 15)

any gd sample for me to refer to solve spam email issue?

if i install that MESpamC then i go to ME to enable the Pickup Event services. is that should i do? Any other thing i need to configure again?

hope to hear you all soon. Thanks You

someone_else

Post by someone_else »

SpamAssassin scoring settings will very much depend on your own environment. The default spam score threshold in SA is 5, but again, depending on your environment, you might find it either too restrictive or else too permissive; in this case you can either modify the spam score threshold, or else (and I generally recommend this) modify individual rule scores. I'm afraid that there is no such thing as a universal perfect setup, but if you put some effort into tweaking settings to match your particular environment, then you can get over 99% accuracy.

As for MESpamC integration with MailEnable, that can be done automatically during MESpamC installation.
MailEnable plugins:

kkyang12

Re: ...

Post by kkyang12 »

someone_else wrote:SpamAssassin scoring settings will very much depend on your own environment. The default spam score threshold in SA is 5, but again, depending on your environment, you might find it either too restrictive or else too permissive; in this case you can either modify the spam score threshold, or else (and I generally recommend this) modify individual rule scores. I'm afraid that there is no such thing as a universal perfect setup, but if you put some effort into tweaking settings to match your particular environment, then you can get over 99% accuracy.

As for MESpamC integration with MailEnable, that can be done automatically during MESpamC installation.
Thanks someone_else. As you said Spam score 5 is default then what is the spam score is minimum score and maximum score?

How about the Host IP, is that put the 127.0.0.1 ( localhost) or my Server IP address(internal IP or External IP ?).

someone_else

Post by someone_else »

kkyang12 wrote:As you said Spam score 5 is default then what is the spam score is minimum score and maximum score?
I don't really understand what you mean by minimum and maximum score.

kkyang12 wrote:How about the Host IP, is that put the 127.0.0.1 ( localhost) or my Server IP address(internal IP or External IP ?).
IN MESpamC, the Host IP will be the IP of your SpamAssassin server. If you are running a Windows version of SpamAssassin on the same machine as MESpamC, then you can use 127.0.0.1.
MailEnable plugins:

kkyang12

Post by kkyang12 »

someone_else wrote:
kkyang12 wrote:As you said Spam score 5 is default then what is the spam score is minimum score and maximum score?
I don't really understand what you mean by minimum and maximum score.

kkyang12 wrote:How about the Host IP, is that put the 127.0.0.1 ( localhost) or my Server IP address(internal IP or External IP ?).
IN MESpamC, the Host IP will be the IP of your SpamAssassin server. If you are running a Windows version of SpamAssassin on the same machine as MESpamC, then you can use 127.0.0.1.
that's alot.

isandc

I keep on getting this error under mespamc in my event viewe

Post by isandc »

could not find command file C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\QUEUES\SMTP\Inbound\4C37F39C4E3D48F89BA3B701DC51DB2C.MAI

someone_else

Re: I keep on getting this error under mespamc in my event v

Post by someone_else »

isandc wrote:could not find command file ...
Something might be deleting the file before MESpamC is invoked on it - an antivirus program maybe.
MailEnable plugins:

someone_else

MESpamC 0.3.1

Post by someone_else »

MESpamC 0.3.1 is now available.

changes in this version:
- added: load balancing for multiple spamd hosts
- improved: PassMEUsername options
MailEnable plugins:

json

Post by json »

New version great..!!

I'm getting a number of e-mails (spam) that is not getting caught, which is not really a big surprise, but the surprise is that the e-mails are not tagged at all, no headers from SA. What could cause this?

I'm using MESpamC and the SpamAssassin *nix (vmware?) image.

Thanks in advance,
Steen