run-time error 419 permission to use object denied

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Quentin

run-time error 419 permission to use object denied

Post by Quentin »

For some reason I get "run-time error '419'. Permission to use object denied" when I try to create new domain or mailbox. I can create new postoffice, but creating mailboxes or domains won't work.

Earlier it all worked fine, but now it won't work. I wonder what's wrong? Reinstalling the program didn't help.

Does anyone have ideas what I should do to solve this problem?

Quentin

RBogan

Post by RBogan »

I have this exact problem. It just started 2 days ago.

Anyone have any suggestions? I see this first post was ignored. I hope mine won't be!

Relevant details of my server...

ME Pro 1.116
Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6.0

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

This article may be relevant:

http://www.mailenablecorp.com/kb/Conten ... D=me020163

Otherwise use regsvr32 on the MEASP.DLL file
Regards, Andrew

RBogan

Post by RBogan »

Unfortunately...that didn't do anything to help the situation.

The IUSR account is being used properly with regard to ME's setup...as it has read & execute permissions on every file in the bin directory.

It's weird...but when the 419 error window pops up...the screen starts flickering in a very rapid pace...until I close out of ME's mmc completely.

I am still able to send/receive mail normally...I just can't create anything new (mailboxes, domains, etc.)...and I can't alter properties on anything without the error popping up and the screen flashing.

What should I do next? I've already done the backup data/reinstall application bit...obviously, without success.

Thanks

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Sorry - I got my posts mixed up - I posted the answer to the wrong question in the post. too much coffee I guess. To clarify are you haveing problems with Web Admin or the MMC?
Regards, Andrew

RBogan

Post by RBogan »

support wrote:Sorry - I got my posts mixed up - I posted the answer to the wrong question in the post. too much coffee I guess. To clarify are you haveing problems with Web Admin or the MMC?
Web Admin works fine...it's when I try to access the MMC that things spaz out on me.

Thanks,

RBogan

Post by RBogan »

Anything new on this?

I need this fixed asap...I can't even create a new mailbox...and I host 13 domains from this ME installation!!!!!!!!!!

Please...for the love of all that does not suck...help me!!

;)

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

For some reason I get "run-time error '419'. Permission to use object denied" when I try to create new domain or mailbox. I can create new postoffice, but creating mailboxes or domains won't work.
This seems like something is preventing access to the file system or registry (most probably a lockdown utility).

1. Ensure your logged in with local Admin Priv
2. Ensure that you are not running any Real Time Antivirus protection or any utility/software that may be restricting access the Scripting Runtime.(Eg: Symantec/Nortons.
Regards, Andrew

kdehl113

run time-419

Post by kdehl113 »

I also received this error, but I noticed it after I had tried a couple of suggestions for fixinf the com surrogate errors. I tried to completely remove mailenable from my server and reload it but no good. Since it's not a ful production server yet I wipped it and started over. I would rather have com surrogate errors that don;t seems to affect anything than not being able to create mailboxes. A solution to both would be greatly appreciated, oh ya mine is installed on server 2003.

Kevin

ccaldwell

Post by ccaldwell »

I also got this error after fixing the com errors. I'm dead in the water if I can't edit/add/change anything. None of the properties on any of the objects works with out some error.

Properties on a domain error...
---------------------------
Error
Init:Err (70):Permission denied
OK

Domain properties tab error...
MEAdminWebAdmin
IMMCPropertyPage_Initialize:POOptions:Permission denied
OK

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Thanks!

ccaldwell

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Which fix was used to resolve the COM errors?

So far the 419 error cannot be reproduced unless not logged in as admin or no permissions to scrrun.dll (both of which should not occur).

If anyone could mail support@mailenable.com so we can access the server to further investigate.

The way to diagnose the permission problem is to run the Regmon and Filemon utilities from www.sysinternals.com to determine why the permission error is occuring (configuring a filter to monitor mmc.exe).
Regards, Andrew

Post by Guest »

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM ADMIN:
The procedure outlined below may cause unrecoverable permission denied issues within the MailEnable MMC. As a result you should not use this procedure until such time as this notice is removed
This was the post.....

Here's the solution...

1) Click Start, go to Run, type in "dcomcnfg".

2) When the Com Services MMC pops up, expand Component Services, then expand Computers.

3) Right-click on "my computer" and go to properties.

4) Click the "Default Com Security" tab

5) Under "Access Permissions", click the "Edit Default" button.

6) If it isn't present, add the IWAM_COMPUTER account to the user/group list...making sure you CHECK the box marked "allow" for access permission.

7) Go back to the "Default Com Security" tab.

8) Under "Launch Permissions", click the "Edit Default" button.

7) If it isn't present, add the IWAM_COMPUTER account to the user/group list...making sure you again check the box marked "allow" for launch permission.

8) Also, add the IUSR_COMPUTER account to the user/group list if it isn't already present...making sure you check the box marked "allow" for launch permission.

9) Reboot server to apply changes.

10) Happy Computing.

That's how I solved this problem.

Incidentally, for those that may not know...replace "COMPUTER" in my examples above with your ACTUAL COMPUTER NAME. Thus, if your computer name is SERVER100, the entries would be IUSR_SERVER100 and IWAM_SERVER100...and not literally IUSR_COMPUTER and IWAM_COMPUTER. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence (for those that already knew this)...but I'm making sure the less experienced people are clear on this.

Good luck,

ccaldwell

Post by ccaldwell »

I ran both the reg and file monitor but didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Sent an email to support for more help.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Just to clarify (this post is talking about 2 or 3 seperate unrelated issues:

1. We have not confirmed a solution to the COM+ surrogate error problem, however it is most likely to be the result of a conflict in the threading model and COM+ (we are currently validating this)

2. The post refering to IWAM_COMPUTER etc not likely to resolve the COM+ error nor to address the issues with the MMC.

3. The "419" permission error is most likely the result of a security update released by MS last thursday: http://www.microsoft.com/security/secur ... 03-039.asp This would explain why systems that were working have suddenly started experiencing issues. We are also validating this.
Regards, Andrew

kdehl113

com errors

Post by kdehl113 »

I used the method at the bottom of this page http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.p ... 2&start=15
I would like to get to the bottom of this before I pay for the license.

Kevin