CalDav and Webmail (1 hour offset)

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
isaak

CalDav and Webmail (1 hour offset)

Post by isaak »

Hi:

I am using Calendar from Mac OS X (10.9.5) and had configured correctly my MailEnable (8.60) account. Everything event syncs.

The only problem I am having is that whenever I create an event in my calendar (in the iMac), then in webmail appears with 1 hour difference. BUT if I create the event directly in webmail and sync, then the event appears with the correct hour in my iCal.

I have make sure that both (iCal and Webmail) use the exact same timezone. So I don't know what could be wrong?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: CalDav and Webmail (1 hour offset)

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi Isaak,

The first step is to upgrade to 8.61 located below to ensure you have all latest updates and fixes to the synchronization service. If the problem persists let me know.

http://www.mailenable.com/downloadprevious.asp
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Matth

Post by Matth »

I'm having a similar problem, also already reported earlier here: http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.p ... ur#p105820

I do experience some offsets by 1 hour between Outlook and my iPhone.

For example I define a calendar entry on Outlook for 21:00 - 22:00. It gets replicated correctly on my iPhone. When I change that entry in Outlook, to 21:30 - 22:30 it changes accordingly on the phone. Now if I make a change on the iPhone to 21:45, I end up with an entry in Outlook that is displayed from 20:45 to 22:45, but when I open the item, it shows wrongly as 20:45 to 21:45.

There is definitely something wrong with the sync.

I have just updated my server to Enterprise Premium 8.61. Outlook runs on the MAPI Connector Client Version 2.00 (as displayed under Troubleshooting).

Matth

Post by Matth »

I just updated the MAPI client to V2.41 and tried again.

Still the same problem. Changes in Outlook are replicated correctly, but when I change it on the phone, the time in Outlook ends up with an hour early.

Deleting an event from the phone deletes it also in Outlook.

Creating a new event on the phone defines the correct entry in Outlook. Once I change it on the phone, the entry is again one hour early in Outlook. If I then change it in Outlook, it now suddenly is one hour early on the phone.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
I just updated the MAPI client to V2.41 and tried again.

Still the same problem. Changes in Outlook are replicated correctly, but when I change it on the phone, the time in Outlook ends up with an hour early.

Deleting an event from the phone deletes it also in Outlook.

Creating a new event on the phone defines the correct entry in Outlook. Once I change it on the phone, the entry is again one hour early in Outlook. If I then change it in Outlook, it now suddenly is one hour early on the phone.
How are you synchronizing the calendar events on the Apple device? Is this via EAS or CalDAV? What version of iOS are you running and what model is the Apple device?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Matth

Post by Matth »

I'm having an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.0.2

I'm using the EAS on the iPhone, as I synchronize the mail, contacts, calendars, reminders and notes.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Tried to reproduce the behavior using the same clients and services you have described in your posts. They all sync correctly with the same times on all clients. What timezone is set on the iPhone and what timezone setting is set on the client machine running Outlook?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Matth

Post by Matth »

Both (iPhone and PC) are using GMT +8:00 (HKG) as the time zone.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Your best way forward would be to lodge a support ticket via the MailEnable support form and provide the technician with mailbox credentials for a test mailbox exhibiting the behavior so that they can emulate.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Matth

Post by Matth »

Logged the support ticket