Sluggish retrieval

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
jglazer

Sluggish retrieval

Post by jglazer »

Would putting the server on SQL improve the speed of retrieving mail? It takes 2-4 seconds for every email I click on for the system to retrieve it. Just wondering.

jglazer

Re: Sluggish retrieval

Post by jglazer »

Bump

lweidig

Post by lweidig »

I really believe this is not the backend system and that it is a BROKEN MAPI client. We recently switched from another mail system internally because we wanted to have the same external system for our customers and internal for us (sort of regretting this). So far we have found the following issues with the MAPI client, some support says are known / being worked on and others just being unacknowledged:

1. SLOW! We also thought we might be able to fix this by using ActiveSync instead. The ActiveSync connections are LIGHTNING fast in comparison to this, but the issue is that they do not allow for shared folders, shared mailboxes or shared calendars. All being used in our internal environment.

2. Searching - We have yet to be able and search in Outlook for ANYTHING, even an item I can plainly see. This is supposedly a known issue being worked on. So, at this point if we want to search we load up the Web interface (which thankfully works for searching) and look. Obviously NOT convenient.

3. Calendar reminders seem to be machine (not mailbox) specific. So, I have to acknowledge every calendar item on my office system and then when I get home AGAIN.

4. At least one mailbox lost ALL contacts. Fortunately, backups were able to help with this and we did not lose any other than some time.

So for us we live with broken but more functional MAPI client or fast, but very limited ActiveSync client. Actually considering moving to another system internally unless this can be addressed VERY quickly. We love it for our ISP customers, but I do not think it qualifies as an Enterprise solution unfortunately in its current state.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

#3 ... funny you talk about this. I have a laptop with the mapi client next to my main computer with the map client. I ran into a war of appointments

...bing ... PC says I have appointment, I dismiss it

...bing ... laptop says I have same appointment, I dismiss it

...bing ... PC says I have same appointment, I dismiss it

and on and on. I had to turn off the laptop for a while and the war seemed to end.

lweidig

Post by lweidig »

Yep, fight the calendar war all the time. Want to really have fun, have two MAPI clients up at once. As you dismiss them from one they pop up again on the other, dismiss from that one and they POP again on the first. You can play that game all day :(

Wish they would FIX this immediately, just about ready to head back to the old server which we would really prefer not to have to do.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Yep. That's what I was referring to. Needs fixed ASAPPPP