brand new issues

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
webshaun

brand new issues

Post by webshaun »

Looks like MAPI locks up randomly. It just unlocked after about 90 seconds of sitting here, not responding.
---
Shaun Rieman
Advanced Micro Technologies, LLC

tomr

Re: brand new issues

Post by tomr »

Were your search issues resolved? Mine were not.

-=tom

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

No, it seems like they tried to patch up something that's fundamentally broken and didn't test their own work or decided to ignore the problem. Either way, this is a level of incompetence that deserves scorn and contempt.
---
Shaun Rieman

lweidig

Post by lweidig »

For us NOTHING seems resolved in the 2.50 MAPI client and in fact MORE seems broken:

1. If you try to drag a message from your Inbox into any shared mailbox folders (like the Inbox of an account you have full access to) this will crash Outlook 2016. This certainly leads to item 2 (though does not seem the only reason)

2. Messages are getting "stuck" in the Inbox that cannot be deleted. When you delete them the error below is displayed. If you login to the web interface these messages are NOT there. Any ideas how do we get rid of them in Outlook?
DeleteError.png
DeleteError.png (11.94 KiB) Viewed 28668 times
Restarting Outlook does NOT of course resolve the issue, first thing we tried.

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

The only thing I noticed that was fixed is that my mouse cursor isn't changing to busy every 3 seconds.
---
Shaun Rieman

cscheetah

Post by cscheetah »

i have been having an issue with my message rules not working correctly or causing outlook to crash as well as i got a duplicate email only sent to me 1 will let me move the email or delete it the second will not let me do anything with it but open and view it i can delete or move folders its locked to my inbox. when i try and move i get that same error "the operation failed. the missing interfaces have returned an unknown error. if the problem persists, restart outlook" everything was working fine with my email except i couldn't see the company directory with the old MAPI file. i was hopping this was going to fix that issue with Mail enable not cause more issues.

lweidig

Post by lweidig »

Yes, I have seen some duplicate messages as well, but had not taken time to investigate this further.

**WORK-AROUND** I have found a work around though if you have messages that are "stuck" and you cannot delete. If you SHIFT-DELETE them to delete permanently it will allow them to be removed. While not ideal as there is now no possibility to recover it does allow for me to remove the clutter from my Inbox. Just need to be careful with this.

Come on MailEnable, get us a working "Enterprise" solution!

cscheetah

Post by cscheetah »

I have also noticed that with the MAPI it updates more the folder on the server if you access web mail bit not all of them. like my emails are all store fine on my local outlook but when i go to my web mail where all my email are stored on the server not all the folder are the same like my sent folder has items from months ago but my outlook is fine and my email are stored on the server not locally.

with this i had another user setup like my machine and there outlook is set up same way. their outlook freaked out yesterday so i had them use web mail because like mine all emails are stored on the server but they also noticed that their sent items where off by a few months. and they sent a few emails via web mail and when we got the local outlook fixed they watched the sent item get deleted from their local outlook because the server seemed to sync and remove the outlook email's that the server didn't know about.

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

I got a notification that 2.51 connector was available when I restarted outlook 2016. Seems to have fixed search.
---
Shaun Rieman

Netsupply

Post by Netsupply »

I cant see any update related MAPI stuff since 2.50 and my client doesnt report an update??

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

i'm not sure why it's not on the web site but all my customers are getting notifications in outlook upon restarting outlook for the fixed version. why it's not on the web site, i have no idea.
---
Shaun Rieman

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

So we're up to v2.52 and no release notes. Nice.
---
Shaun Rieman

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Downloads page has been updated.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

Great, thanks!
---
Shaun Rieman

lweidig

Post by lweidig »

We are now up to 2.53 and for us the issues that we were experiencing appear to have been all resolved. Just wish there had been some communication on what was being done both in the forums and the support ticket we had created. Onto another problem...