Outlook 2016 / Connector 2.52

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
webshaun

Outlook 2016 / Connector 2.52

Post by webshaun »

Having some major problems with the connector in Outlook 2016. Every day at least once a day, Outlook stops responding as soon as I click to access the MAPI account. I can't even restart Outlook and get back in after it crashes. I have to log out of my user profile and log back in. Pretty bad, please fix ASAP.
---
Shaun Rieman
Advanced Micro Technologies, LLC

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Outlook 2016 / Connector 2.52

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Are there any Windows event log errors that are related to Outlook or the MAPI dll?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

not really, no. it's just unstable.

The program OUTLOOK.EXE version 16.0.6001.1041 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 3d6c
Start Time: 01d132b00e5f0aa2
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
Report Id: b342d722-9f81-11e5-b3df-5404a613dd3e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
---
Shaun Rieman

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Been using 2.52 within Outlook 2016 for some time now and don't experience crashing behavior. Can you try and create a new mail profile and run with it for a few days to see if the profile content is the problem? If it exhibits the problem with the new profile then we are going to need a a copy of the MAPI connector log file to see what is happening before the client goes into the unresponsive state.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

You know what else doesn't work? If I have filtering enabled to move emails to different folders through webmail, I have to actually click on the folder in outlook to see if there are new messages. Why doesn't this update automatically like every other account I have does?
---
Shaun Rieman

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

Try this, right click on a folder like the inbox or junk folder, click mark all as read - doesn't work. I feel like you guys don't care that mapi is so limited and buggy.
---
Shaun Rieman

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

Still having this issue with 2.53. Here's more information though. If I'm on another account, let's say my primary ActiveSync account and leave the system for a little while, when I come back and click on the inbox of the mapi account, it locks up for about 1-2 minutes. After it comes back, if I close outlook and open it back up, it takes about 1-2 minutes to open. When it comes back up I try to click on the mapi inbox and it says the information store could not be opened.
---
Shaun Rieman