COM Surrogate errors

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Alyson_J

Post by Alyson_J »

[quote="RBogan] What upgrade? A MS hotfix? This ME hotfix? Or what?[/quote]

Sadly I've been working away and not been able to reply. The upgrade was the 30th September version of ME Pro. Unfortunately the com+ errors have returned. I've not tried the hotfix. I'd prefer to wait for an installer based fix.
Aly

merk

Post by merk »

i just installed the hotfix http://www.mailenablecorp.com/hotfix/WMCS-HF3.zip the other day. So far no com errors.

Alyson_J

Post by Alyson_J »

I've now installed the hotfix and will see how it goes - fingers crossed :)
Aly

merk

Post by merk »

Well unfortunately i got the com error again.

merk

Post by merk »

any further progress on this?

RBogan

Post by RBogan »

For what it's worth...

I havent had a com surrogate error since I applied the steps in my previous posts.

I'm not sure why it won't work 100% of the time ;)

Later,

kdehl113

COM Surrogate

Post by kdehl113 »

Mine are back also, hopefully the next fix will be the good one.

Kevin

Guest User

Post by Guest User »

I believe I have version 1.12 Pro. I am getting the com error also with Win2003 Standard. I do not have to install the patch since its for older versions. Any idea what we have to wait for? Is MAILENABLE staff looking into this?

merk

Post by merk »

i havent had the error for a while now ... so ... i'm not sure if the fixed really fixed it, or just fixed it a little. It does seem to be better then it was before at least. maybe when i rebooted it reset everything.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

The fix will be available shortly - the fix unfortunately needs to get bundled with some enhancements in the 1.13 release (due by the end of the week)
Regards, Andrew

RBogan

Post by RBogan »

I do hope that 1.13 release will take care of the automation errors I've posted about at length in other threads, support emails, etc.

<fingers crossed>

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

So do I!
Regards, Andrew

merk

Post by merk »

merk wrote:i havent had the error for a while now ... so ... i'm not sure if the fixed really fixed it, or just fixed it a little. It does seem to be better then it was before at least. maybe when i rebooted it reset everything.
I should not have said anything. Next day i got a com error. At least the frequency of these errors is much lower now ... i probably shouldnt have said that either :lol:

DevelopStuff

Post by DevelopStuff »

hmm 1.13.. is it coming soon... this week maybe!

Jake

RBogan

Post by RBogan »

merk wrote:
merk wrote:i havent had the error for a while now ... so ... i'm not sure if the fixed really fixed it, or just fixed it a little. It does seem to be better then it was before at least. maybe when i rebooted it reset everything.
I should not have said anything. Next day i got a com error. At least the frequency of these errors is much lower now ... i probably shouldnt have said that either :lol:
You want to quit jinxing us? I just got the error again...and I havent seen it in 2 weeks....

Later,