User sending from local domain to another user on same domain classed as spam

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
johntankard

User sending from local domain to another user on same domain classed as spam

Post by johntankard »

Hi Guys,

As above I am having an issue where a user on a domain is sending an email to another user on the same domain, when the 2nd user replies to the first user the mail is getting the ****SPAM**** tag added?

How do I clear up this issue please as obliviously it is not spam just a straight forward reply.

Cheers John

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: User sending from local domain to another user on same domain classed as spam

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

MailEnable does not add the subject prefix for ****SPAM**** unless you specifically create a content filter to mark the subject prefix with this header when the filter is triggered. It does resemble a subject prefix that the SpamAssassin appplication would add when a message is verified as spam. Most likely SpamAssassin is performing a reverse DNS lookup on the sending domain and does not resolve one. You would need to inspect the SpamAssassin log files to see why the scanner has returned positive results to spam and the reasoning. We have an article which explains how to configure SpamAssassin to bypass the RDNS rule for local sending:

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/ar ... D=me020640
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support