External Email (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail) to My Domain Group Filter (Help Required)

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
tanveer.hussain

External Email (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail) to My Domain Group Filter (Help Required)

Post by tanveer.hussain »

Please help me in below script with multiple external domains like gmail, hotmail, yahoo mail etc.... Filter delete emails when person hit to my specific group.

Working proper with Gmail to my Domain Group email address (MailEnable Version 6.84)

FilterResult=0
If CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@gmail.com") And _
CriteriaMet([ME_TOorCC],"GroupName@mydomain.com") Then
FilterResult=1
End If

Action : Delete Emails

I tried to add more external email addresses as below but not succeed :?

FilterResult=0
If CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@gmail.com") And CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@hotmail.com") And CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@yahoo.com") And CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@live.com") And CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@outlook.com") And _
CriteriaMet([ME_TOorCC],"GroupName@mydomain.com) Then
FilterResult=1
End If

I will be very thankful to you if you help me in it.
Last edited by tanveer.hussain on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

tanveer.hussain

Re: External Email (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail) to My Domain Group Filter (Help Required)

Expert Opinion required

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: External Email (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail) to My Domain Group Filter (Help Required)

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Try this script:

Code: Select all

FilterResult=0
If CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"<REFERENCE><FILE>domains.txt</FILE><PATH>C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail nable\Config\Filters\Patterns</PATH><REFERENCE>") AND _
CriteriaMet([ME_TOorCC],"GroupName@mydomain.com") Then 
FilterResult=1
End If
You will need to create the text file "domains.txt" within the path specified on the criteria and add each domain embraced by wildcards.

Example:

*@gmail.com*
*@yahoo.com*
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

tanveer.hussain

Thanks IAN for your response. I will check and let you know if it works. :)

tanveer.hussain

IAN thanks for your script but is not working. :(

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Can you provide more detail in regards to it not working?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

tanveer.hussain

IAN,
I checked it with my test domain. i created multiple domains with given your script.

e.g. (Local Domains Test)
i restrict to group test_group@abc.com and i blocked abc1.com and abc2.com with file you mentioned in script with location but emails are receiving on said group :( . i strictly followed your instruction.

I yet not checked in my production server because of reliability or any malfunctioning in real environment.

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

Try this (based on your original script):

FilterResult=0 
If (CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@gmail.com") OR CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@hotmail.com") OR CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@yahoo.com") OR CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@live.com") OR CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@outlook.com")) AND _ 
CriteriaMet([ME_TOorCC],"GroupName@mydomain.com) Then 
FilterResult=1 
End If
Cheers,
Brett

tanveer.hussain

Thanks Brett,
I will check it and update you.

tanveer.hussain

Bret above given script working but it blocks genuine traffic too :(. My requirement is to block traffic to specific group defined in script but if i approach to specific person on that domain it also blocking the traffic.

Need to block traffic on group@emaildomain.com but person can send email to any person on the same domain. if hit the group traffic should be blocked.

please help.

Brett Rowbotham

Post the actual text of your current script filter so we can check for any possible errors.

tanveer.hussain

here i pasted the script which i am running

FilterResult=0
If CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@a.com") OR CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@b.com") OR CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@xyz.com") AND _
CriteriaMet([ME_TOorCC],"group@abc.com") Then
FilterResult=1
End If

Brett Rowbotham

The OR section should be bracketed:

If (CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@a.com") OR CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@b.com") OR CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@xyz.com")) AND _

You want the filter to trigger if any of the domains match (first condition) and the to/cc address is your group (second condition). The brackets are required to fully create the first condition.

Cheers,
Brett

tanveer.hussain

Thanks Brett,
The Script is now working and deleting email who targets "group@abc.com" i have checked. but need to clarify one thing which is important. I observe that if anyone from else domain "@a.com" emailing to "domain abc.com" group and also a individual person of the same domain

It is working fine but i got the situation that if anyone send email to group and any person on the same domain in one email but it is also blocked by filter. is it possible to release block group but not block individual person in single email.

thanks

tanveer.hussain

Waiting for respond.