Webmail Contacts Not saving to share

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
keith@vfsremote.com

Webmail Contacts Not saving to share

Post by keith@vfsremote.com »

Hello,

In our environment we have 2 separate installations of Mailenable Enterprise on 2 separate VMs working off of a shared drive. A load balancer sits in front of these 2 VMs and decides where to route traffic. We have had technicians remote in in the past through the ticket system to ensure that this was functioning properly.

One of the installations does not seem to be behaving correctly when displaying and managing contacts within webmail. If your http traffic is routed through the VM in question you will not see the contacts that are saved in the POSTOFFICES\postoffice\mailroot\mailbox\contacts folder on the shared drive. Instead it will appear blank. Where can I check to see if webmail is looking at the right directory?

Thank You,

Keith
Keith Damron
Manager of Customer Support

VisionFriendly.com
1250 E. Diehl Road, Suite 302
Naperville, IL 60563
630 553-0000 x112
Keith@visionfriendly.com

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Webmail Contacts Not saving to share

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

One way is to run process monitor on both machines running MailEnable and filter on the w3wp.exe process. Then login to web mail and inspect the output when trying to save a contact.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

hakerakn

Post by hakerakn »

Hello I am using the free version of the software. The problem is that contacts do not appear on the web version?
On the server in the contacts folder, the vcard files exist.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Hello I am using the free version of the software. The problem is that contacts do not appear on the web version?
On the server in the contacts folder, the vcard files exist.
Delete the "_index.xml" file and then refresh the "Contacts" page in web mail so that it gets rebuilt.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support