MAPI Connector will not work for standard users

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
adetti

MAPI Connector will not work for standard users

Post by adetti »

We are trying to install the MAPI connector for Outlook 2013 running on Windows 7.

The MAPI will work fine if the user logged in is an Administrator but will not work for any standard users.

Since all of the users are Standard users and no Administrative rights, what do we need to do to make the MAPI work.

The MAPI connector was installed correctly with no issue.

Please any help to fix this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

adetti

Re: MAPI Connector will not work for standard users

Post by adetti »

Well since we do not seem to have anyone offering any solution to this problem from Mailenable we figured a workaround.

We upgraded the user to an Admin user and then install the MAPI connector as that user. Once installed we changed the user back to Standard user.

That seemed to have done the trick and the MAPI connector seemed to work for a few days.

After a few days it stopped syncing emails. We tried everything to no avail.

We had to remove the user account and reinstall it and it worked for another few days and stopped again.

This is getting pretty annoying and I hope someone from MailEnable is following this.

We have been a client for a while and are now trying the Enterprise 8 with MAPI, but have been pretty disappointed lately with the MAPI connector.

Hope someone will respond but not holding my breath!

Netsupply

Post by Netsupply »

I cant get this to work on a 2008R2 64 bit terminal server configured with MAPI.

IMAP works very well no issues.

This sucks and can be a show stopper for me and the company.

cselement6

Post by cselement6 »

We have same issues. Unfortunately, no one seem to have solution for this as of yet... :evil:
MailEnable's support is way below Industry standard. We have Enterprise Premium version and the server literally crashes everytime we reboot... Very frustrated.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
We have same issues. Unfortunately, no one seem to have solution for this as of yet... :evil:
MailEnable's support is way below Industry standard. We have Enterprise Premium version and the server literally crashes everytime we reboot... Very frustrated.
You have posted within the MAPI connector section. Are your problems with the server crashing or the MAPI connector? If you can provide some details then we can assist further. have you lodged a support ticket with MailEnable explaining your problems?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

cselement6

Post by cselement6 »

My bad... it's not MAPI. It's the OpenProtocol that is not working (since we have version 9)