After upgrade to 9.16 domain name is appended automatically to login name

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
tdehan

After upgrade to 9.16 domain name is appended automatically to login name

Post by tdehan »

Typically when logging into MEWebmail it requires that I enter my complete email address (including domain name) as the login name. However, when I do this after the upgrade to 9.16 today, the domain name is automatically appended to the login name so instead of:

loginuser@domain.com it appends it to loginuser@domain.com@DOMAIN.COM which obviously fails with the message Unknown User.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (51.12 KiB) Viewed 13974 times
If I enter just the user name minus the domain it automatically appends the domain name and allows me to login. However, when returning to webmail to login again it shows the login user name as loginuser@DOMAIN.COM in the user name field but if I simply enter my password it again appends @DOMAIN.COM to the end of the user name once again making it loginuser@DOMAIN.COM@DOMAIN.COM and does not allow me to log in unless i remove the domain name.

Is this a bug? It certainly can't be by design!

Brett Rowbotham

Re: After upgrade to 9.16 domain name is appended automatically to login name

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

Must be a bug. When I try to log in on a secondary domain it adds the default domain to the log in name which obviously fails.

tdehan

Post by tdehan »

My thoughts also.

ccgeek

Post by ccgeek »

I am also having this problem. We host a few domains on the box. Whenever someone types in their email to login, it will give an "unknown user" error, and redirect to the login page where it has appended the default domain to the username.

tdehan

Post by tdehan »

funny...i created a support ticket on this when i created this post and have heard nothing.

ccgeek

Post by ccgeek »

I have also just raised a ticket.

tdehan

Post by tdehan »

So, I did finally hear back from ME support. Here is what they said:

Please reinstall from: http://www.mailenable.com/beta/professional916.exe
It occurred if there an entry in the site-postoffices configuration file that matches the domain, but this will resolve the issue.

They did not mention that this was a bug on their end however.

ccgeek

Post by ccgeek »

tdehan wrote:So, I did finally hear back from ME support. Here is what they said:

Please reinstall from: http://www.mailenable.com/beta/professional916.exe
It occurred if there an entry in the site-postoffices configuration file that matches the domain, but this will resolve the issue.

They did not mention that this was a bug on their end however.
I have the enterprise version so I didn't want to install that. However, I found the issue based on what you said. There is a file in the config folder called "site-postoffices.tab" that had a line in it that listed the URL domain and the default domain for the system in it. I erased that line of text and the webmail started behaving normally.

Glad to have it fixed. Perturbed that I have the SQL edition of this software and settings are still held in the filesystem.