Easier Way to Migrate Postoffices to New Server

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
calfordgreen

Easier Way to Migrate Postoffices to New Server

Post by calfordgreen »

Hi,

I have been using ME Pro for a long time now, almost 10 years I think. The biggest issue for me has always been migrating Post Offices to a New Server. Over time, servers become old, the OS becomes extinct/Out of support, or we just need to rebalance.

It is quite easy to migrate someone to a Mail Enable if they are using a different product, but if already using ME on 1 server, it is a pain to move a Post Office to another server. The article https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/a ... D=ME020387 starts by saying the process is quite involved...

It doesn't have to be fancy. It can be just as simple as selecting a Post Office from a list, you build a ZIP file that we then FTP to the new server and UnZip and then run a process on the new server that sets everything up...

Many thanks... I have 1 server with almost 200 Post Offices on it running an old W2K8 server and having to try and migrate 1 Post Office a night for a very long time :(

thanks for reading...

wisp

Re: Easier Way to Migrate Postoffices to New Server

Post by wisp »

Hi, I have the same issue. Is there an easier way to do this? Is it possible to move just the configuration and email ids over to the new server and move the old emails slowly over a period of time?

TonnieP

Post by TonnieP »

Big kick on this one.
We where trying to migrate our mailserver from older 32bit OS to new 64bit OS but needed to rollback this because of the issues we had with this.

Is there any easier way to do this and keep our important installation settings?

TonnieP

Post by TonnieP »

Nobody ?
nog even mailenable like writing and updating a good migration documentation document or something?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We have articles outlining the steps involved. Have you reviewed the article:

https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=me020073
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support