Missing function, Configure a white list that will override the reverse DNS blacklist

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
kiamori

Missing function, Configure a white list that will override the reverse DNS blacklist

Post by kiamori »

Missing function, in newest versions.

On http://www.mailenable.com/documentation ... sting.html it states:

Note: It is possible to configure a white list that will override the reverse DNS blacklist. This is configured in the administration program by selecting the White list button on the Reverse DNS Blacklisting tab under the properties of the SMTP Connector.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Missing function, Configure a white list that will override the reverse DNS blacklist

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Yes this is misleading and incorrect. We will update the documentation accordingly. It should have been:

Note: It is possible to configure a white list that will override the reverse DNS blacklist. This is configured in the administration program navigating to the SMTP properties and selecting the "Whitelist" tab.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kiamori

Re: Missing function, Configure a white list that will override the reverse DNS blacklist

Post by kiamori »

Any way to create an override filter rule, for example.

FilterResult=0
If CriteriaMet([ME_HEADERS_CONTAIN],"X-ME-Bayesian: 0.000000") AND _
CriteriaMet([ME_SPF],"Pass") Then

([REMOVE HEADER]), "X-ME-Content: Deliver-To=Junk")

FilterResult=1
End If

Action, deliver to inbox

If you could do this the false positive rate on ME filters would be basically non existent.