Upgrade Issues with Mail Enable 9 (Webmail)

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
mexelby

Upgrade Issues with Mail Enable 9 (Webmail)

Post by mexelby »

I just wanted to let you guys know that while the upgrade overall went ok I was losing my mind wondering why Web mail wasn't working after the initial upgrade.

It would bring me to the webmail log in page but when attempting to log in would just throw some random .NET error immediately saying for more info, please turn on debugging in web.config. Also got this gem in the event viewer under application.

Event code: 4011
Event message: An unhandled access exception has occurred.
Event time: 9/9/2015 10:23:54 PM
Event time (UTC): 9/10/2015 2:23:54 AM
Event ID: 2dd5edc81ddb4726b08d40061720422e
Event sequence: 15
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-2-130863254292729805
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Bin\NetWebMail\
Machine name: DC1

Process information:
Process ID: 720
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: CORP\IME_ADMIN

Request information:
Request URL: http://webmail.stalderspring.com/Mondo/ ... 9332703472
Request path: /Mondo/lang/sys/client.aspx
User host address: 50.4.116.70
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: CORP\IME_ADMIN

Custom event details:

After turning debugging on in the web.config it was stating that users could not access the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Postoffices\stalderspring.com\MAILROOT" folder. "Access Denied"

The permissions were removed for users in the folder during the install. To get around this, I had to re-apply permissions for the users after the install. Mind you, I made no other changes prior to upgrade (no os patching of any kind). Once re-applied everything was OK.

I thought this was a random thing until I also got it do it on a sandbox I also upgraded to ME 9 and ran into the same condition.

Box(s) are win2012R2, .NET 4.6, AD Auth, default installs.

After the permissions fix, it worked flawlessly. Just letting you know in case another person or organization runs into the same problem and goes thru the common troubleshooting of .NET upgrade/downgrade, resetting IIS info using mail enable utility or reboots a host when it's not necessary.

Cheers and good luck upgrading!

Mike

sswireless

Re: Upgrade Issues with Mail Enable 9 (Webmail)

Post by sswireless »

I am having this same issue. However, my postoffice repository is not in the default location. So I cannot fix this. I suppose i will be opening a trouble ticket with them in the morning.

malikguy

Post by malikguy »

I'm in the same boat. My repository is in a different location and for some reason webmail is not reading that config value and trying to look for the repository in the default install config location.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\POSTOFFICES\[domain]\INDEXROOT\[user] is denied.

The configured path is:
D:\POSTOFFICES\[domain]\INDEXROOT\[user]

I guess I'll be opening at ticket as well.

rghaselier

Post by rghaselier »

Has someone found a solution for the defect?
My postoffice is also not in the default folder

Rainer

kimdobranski

Post by kimdobranski »

Did anyone find a solution? I upgraded to 9.1 and now my webmail no longer works. Help!!!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Did anyone find a solution? I upgraded to 9.1 and now my webmail no longer works. Help!!!
What is the error produced in the web mail client? Please provide detailed information so we can assist further.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support