SMTP Incoming Restrictions

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
KevNet

SMTP Incoming Restrictions

Post by KevNet »

Evening all,

I'm just running some test on the system and so far I'm rather impressed by the features it offers! One thing I am curious about however is does the server allow for incoming SMTP connections from only 1 external server whilst still allowing clients to connect and send mail?

I've seen the option to restrict incoming IP address within the SMTP section, but then this is turn does not allow clients to send out on port 25 either. I have tried changing the port on the clients to 587 but this then errors requiring a SSL secured connection, turn on SSL and that won't work either (since SSL has not been set up on the server yet).

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way so if someone could point me in the right direction I would much appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kev

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: SMTP Incoming Restrictions

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Sounds like you need to only accept incoming email from other mail servers via a spam gateway and still allow clients to connect to SMTP to be able to send messages via authentication. Please see the following article: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/ar ... D=ME020450
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support