[SOLVED] windows server 2008 r2 - april windows update causing issues with cdosys

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
webzen

[SOLVED] windows server 2008 r2 - april windows update causing issues with cdosys

Post by webzen »

I have 2 domains hosted on a Windows 2008 R2 VPS.

The websites use classic ASP and rely upon cdo.message to send emails from web pages.

The server uses MailEnable.

This has all been running faultlessly for several months.

However, a recent automatic Windows Update in the early hours of 13th April has updated the .dll files for CDOSYS and since then the website cannot send emails from web pages. Sending/receiving email using webmail or Microsoft Outlook etc has not been affected.

To test this concept I actioned a server snapshot and reverted the server and its settings to that of 12th April. Once this was complete and for a few minutes all of the pages that sent mail worked perfectly fine. Then the server implemented the Windows update and the same issue occurred.

So, I uninstalled the windows updates and rebooted the server, alas the problem still persists.

Since then I have reactivated the windows update.

The web pages concerned use cdo.message with authentication, however even without authentication the pages crash.

You can see that since the windows update there seems to be an issue with calling the cdosys.dll

The following page does not require authentication and yet still throws an error.

http://www.therapytrainingschool.com/#####

Could someone assist and provide guidance?

Perhaps others are suffering the same issue?
Last edited by webzen on Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

md.ocmc

Re: windows server 2008 r2 - april windows update causing issues with cdosys

Post by md.ocmc »

What is the KB for this update?

webzen

Re: windows server 2008 r2 - april windows update causing issues with cdosys

Post by webzen »

The issue was resolved by having to re-register the cdosys files that had been overwritten by the windows operating system update.