Problem with v1.13 -- support please respond

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
merk

Problem with v1.13 -- support please respond

Post by merk »

It seems pretty obvious something bad is going on with v1.13 since its no longer available for download. It would have been VERY nice if someone from support posted a message in the forum explaining whats wrong ... there could be people running v1.13 right now and depending on it.

i noticed one problem today ... the pop service was stopped.

should those of us who upgraded to 1.13 go back to 1.12?

reino

Post by reino »

Hello

I havent experienced any problems with 1.13, what kind of errors do you get ?. Does the popservice suddenly stops ?. If there are some problems an announcement would be great, youre right

merk

Post by merk »

well the only reason i can think of for them to pull the new version off (assuming its not some mistake of the webmaster) is if there's something wrong with it.

there was no error message or anything (although i didnt look in the log files). The pop service was just stopped. I started it back up and so far its been working ok.

merk

Post by merk »

just got an email from support saying they removed it to fix a few issues, mainly displaying html messages in webmail.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The version 1.13 was temporarily removed because of the HTML display issue with some emails in webmail. There was also an update which required your server to have a service pack, which caused some clients to have webmail issues as well, so we decided to correct these.

If you do have version 1.13, you can download a newer version at:

http://www.mailenable.com/Professionalv113.exe

This will fix the webmail display issues. We apologise for the problems this has caused, and we will be posting it on our normal download pages as soon as possible.

merk

Post by merk »

if we stop all the services before doing the install, is it still required that we reboot the whole machine?

Alyson_J

Post by Alyson_J »

I applied this amended 1.13 as I was running version 1.13 (original)

Two issues have come to my attention:

1) There is still an error when trying to test the Anti-Virus. Despite selecting AVG 6.0 the test tries to run F-Prot and fails as it isn't installed.

2) If you go to a post office and select a mailbox with 0 messages, select the properties, then messages a dialog pops up with

IMMCPropertyPage_Initialize:Subscript out of range

You can move around the tabs and no further error comes up. Close the properties, reselect them and the error returns. I've reproduced this at will.

Running on fully patched Windows 2003 Standard Server.
Aly

djwhisky

Post by djwhisky »

Call me cynical, but i'm still a bit wary about installing v1.13 on my system until it's back live for public download from the mailenable home page... any word on when it's going to be back online???

MrByte

Post by MrByte »

I heard they are even going ahead one iteration to 1.14, that should fix the 1.13 (and previous) problems. So .... patience folks... 8)

-MrByte