Mailenable Archive

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
muhammad.wasif

Mailenable Archive

Post by muhammad.wasif »

Hello,

We are using Mailenable Enterprise Premium ver. 6.84. I am looking for an archiving solution for all mailboxes (post-office wise) to archive emails before from a certain time period (year wise/6 months).

Please help.
All the best.

rfwilliams777

Re: Mailenable Archive

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I do not remember if that version allows archiving built into ME. If not, you can create a filter to capture all inbound and/or outbound messages from a post office into an archive email account with folders for each mailbox.

If that is not what you're wanting, then you will need to either upgrade to a newer version of ME and/or purchase MXScan as it has archiving capabilities.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

tanveer.hussain

Post by tanveer.hussain »

I need a solution of archiving all emails sent / received postoffice wise as MxScan is going to expire soon and they are closing their business?

Is MailEnable now capable to manage archiving postoffice? If yes how efficient to handle it.

regards,

Tanveer Hussain

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

You set up a filter at the server level under Filters to capture all in and outbound emails. You set up an archive email account with a folder respective to the user's email account. Set up a filter at the mailbox level that any to, cc, or from email gets moved to their respective folder.

Now if you are wanting something that archives and keeps all their folders and whatnot intact, then you need to use something like SyncBack to copy/mirror the folders. However, this will dramatically increase HDD seek times and if you are archiving to another machine it will increase your bandwidth usage. So keep that in mind.
Robert Williams, Owner
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!

tanveer.hussain

I have multiple postoffices in mailenable server and i want archiving postoffice wise. Is it possible in MailEnable :?: :?: :?:

regards,

Tanveer Hussain

linda.pagillo

Post by linda.pagillo »

Hi Tanveer. There is a program called MailArchiva which works with MailEnable to archive email like you are explaining. I currently use it with an IPSwitch Imail server that I have and it works very well. I'm not sure of the cost, but if you check out their website, I'm sure you can contact them to find out. I hope this helps. Thanks!

--Linda Pagillo
Mail's Best Friend
Email: linda.pagillo@mailsbestfriend.com
Web: www.mailsbestfriend.com
Office: 703.988.3606

tanveer.hussain

Thanks Linda for third party but this should be a builtin feature of MailEnable product as it is going advance day by day. Archiving is most important feature of Mail Server for enterprise solution. there must be something in MailEnable Product.

regards,

Tanveer

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Under the MTA Properties, there is an archiving; however, you may not like how it does the archiving.
Robert Williams, Owner

tanveer.hussain

Need an alternate of Mx Scan (MxUpTime) or more better software. Need best mail archiving software for MailEnable. One has already suggested MailArchiva.

Suggest if MailArchiva covers below features or any other software which covered it and more better...

keeping mails of all or selected users on the server without involving user help or depending on user actions for backup etc. All Mail folders (Inbox, Sent, Draft etc.) be available on the server for full recovery in the events of any laptop loss/user hard disk crashes, accidental or deliberate deletions of mails etc. etc.

kindly help?

regards,

Tanveer Hussain