mailbox external wordlist

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
davetux01

mailbox external wordlist

Post by davetux01 »

when I go to the mailbox > filters> criteria > use external world list
The list is empty, how would I create a list and where would I put it. I have been looking everywhere to find how

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

If you choose the external word list option, then you should be able to use the "Edit" button once you have selected a word list using the dropdown menu. Do you see in the dropdown menu the "GENERAL" word list?

regards,

MailEnable Support.

davetux01

Post by davetux01 »

General doesn't show up and Edit is grayed out

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Do you see the the MEFILTER-GENERAL.txt within the following location in the MailEnable installation path?:

Mail Enable\Config\Filters\Patterns

If not then create a .txt file manually using notepad within the "patterns" folder named "MEFILTER-GENERAL.txt". Then navigate back to the filter within the administration console to see if the dropdown menu displays the word file. If visible then use the "Edit" button to add words to the list.

The above file should of been added by default when you installed MailEnable so ensure you have the latest version installed. If not then upgrade to (remove the file you creted first) see if the file is copied. It will contain some default words in the list.

regards,

MailEnable Support.

davetux01

Post by davetux01 »

it's still not showing up, I also closed the admin mmc should I reboot? I also did have one, but to be safe I renamed the file, created a new one blank, then restarted the mmc. still nothing? kinda weird

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Have you tried upgrading to 2.4 again?

You can find it here: http://www.mailenable.com/enterprise240.EXE

The following KB article can assist you with the upgrade: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticl ... 020040.htm

regards,

MailEnable Support.

davetux01

Post by davetux01 »

but I am using 3.03

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Apologies thought you were using version 2.x.

Next step would be to use a utility named "filemon" which can be located at the following link: www.sysinternals.com. The utility allows you to monitor file activity. Download and run the utility and set the utility to filter on mmc.exe.

Next within administration console, navigate to the filters properties window and click on "use external word list" and then check within filemon and locate the path Mail Enable\Config\Filters\Patterns to see if there is any "access denied" errors or check if the path is incorrect.

If you require further assistance, then I would suggest lodging a support ticket so a technician can further diagnose.

regards,

MailEnable Support.

amuguersia

Re: mailbox external wordlist

Post by amuguersia »

Hi every one.
I think that I have same problem. when I go to mailbox and try to set a filter I do not see the wordlist there it is in blank

amuguersia

Post by amuguersia »

Hi everyone.
I am trying the same but per users "mailbox" to restringe some emails delivering between users, the error that I receive is "the file "xxxxx" is not found" this is when I try to modify the file that I put manually in the Rule directory. if I click yes create it, in the same way it does not work. and it always create for example if my file is called MEFILTER-001.TXT the system request to create a new one MEFILTER-001.TXT.TXT
I am a little frustrated with this error. thanks in advance for you help. :roll: :roll: :roll:

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

You need to ensure you running 9.78 as there were fixes in some version back in this area. Once you have upgraded recreate the txt file and try again.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

amuguersia

Post by amuguersia »

:D :D Thanks for your help "0" problems upgrading to v10, everything was smooth and easy and the Issue was solved.

has a nice day.