mewebmail/meadmin login issues

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
sastanley1

mewebmail/meadmin login issues

Post by sastanley1 »

We just copied our mail server over to a new Windows 2016 server from Windows 2008 R2. The webmail and admin login pages will launch but when a user attempts to logon it will not authenticate and the logon process times out. I ran the diagnosis and the web application configuration test shows that all of the settings were a Pass.

Web Application Configuration Test
The following table outlines the configuration status for WebMail and Web Admin.
Test Detail Test Data Test Response Status
IIS (Internet Information Server) Version 10.0 Pass
IIS (Internet Information Server) NetFxExtensibility45 ASP.NET 4.5 extensibility installed. Pass
IIS Security Settings IIS Security Lock Down Test (URLSCAN may inhibit some web applications). URLSCAN does not appear to be active on this server. Pass
ISAPI Filters Custom ISAPI Filter Test No Issues Detected Pass

Normal connections seem to be working just fine. I have re-run the install to reinstall/repair web applications as well. Any advice would be helpful.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: mewebmail/meadmin login issues

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

When you say it times out, do you see the "Loading" dialog and eventually times out? Or does it go straight to "Session timeout" after clicking the "login" button? Are there any errors in the Windows event log viewer relating to ASP.NET when you login and the timeout occurs?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kimdobranski

Post by kimdobranski »

I am having this problem also!

I tried everything. This is day 2 now with no webmail!!!!!

dmburgess

Post by dmburgess »

same issue here, just did a complete reinstall on Windows 2016 , mailbox has NO messages in it, maybe a few in deleted items, waiting for 3-4 minutes on the loading screen. Then when i got the web mail up, it clicked on inbound and it says please wait! New Windows 2016 server installation. Been sitting there for over 15 minutes, never loading :(
Please wait!
Please wait!
ScreenHunter_1040 Nov. 30 08.28.jpg (75.07 KiB) Viewed 21215 times

dmburgess

Post by dmburgess »

No updates

scotty562

Post by scotty562 »

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.

dmburgess

Post by dmburgess »

In my case i use dfs share so have to put in a domain account in iis.

firefoxchris

Post by firefoxchris »

I had this problem and it was related to IME_ADMIN not having permission on the 'mail' and 'config' folders configured in MailEnable. Once added, everything logged in fine.

You could also try running the 'Diagnose' option in MailEnable Management > Servers > localhost > System > Diagnose, this is how i found the issue.