Public folders

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
martin-s

Public folders

Post by martin-s »

I've struggled to find much up-to-date information about the available public folder functionality. It would be useful to know, as of today (and v10+) whether:

1) It is possible to mail-enable public folders, so that incoming email can be delivered into a public folder automatically
2) Failing that, if there is a way of setting up a filter so that received email can be moved into a public folder upon receipt (I did try mailbox filters, but they only delivered to a local sub folder)

I know the history (having been a client since v3) that public folders were a bit of an after thought originally, but I'm hoping that things have moved on a bit since then. Being able to deliver or move mail into a public folder seems like a minimum standard of functionality to me.

Thanks.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Public folders

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
1) It is possible to mail-enable public folders, so that incoming email can be delivered into a public folder automatically
There is no option to deliver to Public Folders.
2) Failing that, if there is a way of setting up a filter so that received email can be moved into a public folder upon receipt (I did try mailbox filters, but they only delivered to a local sub folder)
There is no filter action to deliver to Public Folders.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

martin-s

Post by martin-s »

I'm sorry to say it, but after so many years, it's time that this very basic functionality did exist. I've always been a fan of ME, but this is a big miss.

DaRam

Post by DaRam »

Deploying Mailenable. Migrating from Exchange 2010.

We may want our money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what use public folders are if mail cannot be somehow placed there in some automated fashion.

We have order and service accounts land in public folders on exchange so they can be monitored by anyone with permission to handle them.

Shocking really. One might say an ignorant miss.

DaRam

Post by DaRam »

Can we get our money back? Cannot get mail to land in public folders? Really?

DaRam

Post by DaRam »

I just can't believe I have been duped by the claim of public folder support on the website.

Shocking. While we are probably just a stupid company that uses the following public folder email addresses:
info@domain.com
orders@domain.com
inquiry@domain.com

These are public folders that are monitored by numerous people who can handle these inquiries or orders, etc.

It was once that the fax machine was the catch all and finally we got customers to send to an orders@domain.com email address. We have a fantastic order entry system but you can't force your customers to do something they won't do.

I cannot express how shocked and duped I feel. I must just be ignorant. There must be some work around that I am just too much of a novice computer user to figure out. What am I missing?

If there is no work around I can't see any remedy short of sending the junk back for a refund!!!!!!!!!!

martin-s

Post by martin-s »

I don't blame you. It is being slightly mis-sold in my opinion, but I just don't understand why the functionality doesn't exist after all this time.

martin-s

Post by martin-s »

Are the MailEnable team willing to engage on this and explain if further development of public folders is on the road map? And when? Or if not, why not?