Redirect not Clearing

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jhayes

Redirect not Clearing

Post by jhayes »

We have an email address of marketing@domain.com that had a former redirect to jsmith@domain.com. We removed this redirect when a new marketing director was hired and added the new email as a forward. Even after a delete of the marketing email address and a full service restart we are unable to get the redirect to change from the former address to the new one.

Is this a bug that needs to be addressed or can someone assist in a resolution?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Redirect not Clearing

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What version of MailEnable Enterprise are you running? Redirection addresses for a mailbox are stored in: \Mail Enable\Config\Postoffices\(postoffice name)\MAILBOX.TAB file. You can open the file in Windows Notepad and locate the mailbox. If you see the redirection address mapped to the mailbox delete it and save the file.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jhayes

Post by jhayes »

We are running Enterprise Edition V10.19. I have checked the file you referenced and I only see the two new addresses not the one that should not be getting the email. Could this have been caused by marketing being an Alias address for the former mailbox? It is not under her mailbox any longer but I believe it was at one point.

jhayes

Post by jhayes »

So after some research and some digging we found that another mailbox had and alias address that was marketing@domain.com. After a removal of this, the email is now being forwarded to the first address in the redirect but not the secondary address added to the redirect.