Someone is trying to send to an email address which does not exist, but the domain is locally hosted in MailEnable.

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
serlogo

Someone is trying to send to an email address which does not exist, but the domain is locally hosted in MailEnable.

Post by serlogo »

hi,
i have 10.30 enterprise version. on log analyzer i saw many log about this.
i think someone tries to login with brutforce attack.
how can i block this? is anyone help me?

- abuse detection and prevention enabled
- only generate ndrs for senders who authenticate enabled

05/12/20 11:51:59 ME-E0103: [1844] Local Delivery: Failure - Domain for ([SMTP:xxxxx@domain.com]) is locally serviced, but recipient is not defined in address map.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Someone is trying to send to an email address which does not exist, but the domain is locally hosted in MailEnable.

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The abuse detection and prevention will help ban incoming connections after 10 incorrect authentication attempts. it will not ban send coming connections that try to send to mailboxes that do not exist. the spammer will eventually stop trying to abuse the server if they see they cannot send to any address or authenticate. The only way to stop these before they hot the server is by implementing a spam gateway that have the ability to detect these types of attacks or block the IP addresses in your firewall.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support