office 365 issue

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
jglazer

Re: office 365 issue

Post by jglazer »

I was just informed that I may be losing a customer because of this. Happens to be an accounting firm and, of course, they live in Excel.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We have been trying to emulate this behavior using Office 365 outlook and the latest MAPI Connector without success. The best way forward here would be to enable the MAPI client side logging and set it to "Full Detail". Emulate the behavior and then attach a copy of the zipped "MAPI Logs" folder to response@mailenable.com so that we can check further.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Hi Ian, I have been very busy with surgery in feb so I am only now getting back to this. I did lose the one customer to Rackspace as I feared. I still have the issue as do a couple other customers. I will try to enable logging if I can work out how. If you can provide instruction for this here it may be useful to me an others. In the mean time I'll poke at finding where to turn on logging and recovering the log file.

Jon

RSN

Post by RSN »

We have the problem with some of our customers as well.
However, not with O365 but with Office Home & Business 2021.
When you want to exit Excel, the window is "grayed out" and at some point the message "no response" appears.

Uninstalling the security update is not a "solution" for us or for our customers.

Is there already a beta or a fix for the problem?

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Hi Ian. My customer is also not going to make the registry changes. They are very nervous about it so that is not a solution for us either.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

I have now lost a 3rd customer due to this. As you know Excel is a pretty important program to a lot of businesses and every time this come up (which is very often) I get the feeling my customers think this is a really crappy program. I cannot continue to lose customers because of this. 2 of them went to outlook.com already.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

HI,

We are aware of an issue with the fastshutdown. This is being worked on our side but in the interim until there is a fix please disable the fastshutdown option Outlook. Please see the following Microsoft guide and use "Option 3".

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/client-developer/outlook/mapi/fast-shutdown-user-options
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 11:32 pm
HI,

We are aware of an issue with the fastshutdown. This is being worked on our side but in the interim until there is a fix please disable the fastshutdown option Outlook. Please see the following Microsoft guide and use "Option 3".

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/client-developer/outlook/mapi/fast-shutdown-user-options
Ian, please scroll up 2 replies. My customers will not make registry changes on their computers. This has been going on for a very very long time. Is there really any priority to fixing this?

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Happy Monday. Was informed I lost another customer due to this issue. A law firm that got tired of rebooting every time they tried to quit Excel.

Skandiacloud Hosting

Post by Skandiacloud Hosting »

Youre not the only one....

We have lost major clients due to lack of features in outlook compared to outlook.com

Its freaking annoying.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We've uploaded a beta of the fix for this at:

https://www.mailenable.com/beta

Let us know of any problems, but it should resolve the shutdown issue.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Thank you, I'll give it a shot.

ab4ok

Post by ab4ok »

It worked for me on one Office 365 client! I can't wait to try some others!!

kevvyc

Post by kevvyc »

Hi -

Wanted to let folks know that the Excel non-responsive issue reared its ugly head again after an Office update which was pushed out to the Semi-Enterprise Annual Channel recently (I received mine on August 1.)

Note that we encountered this issue back in May of last year after an update to the current channel. I contacted Microsoft and they had me change to the Semi-Enterprise Annual Channel which resolved the issue. It looks like whatever change caused the issue back then has been "officially" released to most, if not all, channels.

I tried the latest Connector beta, and it did not fix the issue. I initially installed it over the existing one, and when that didn't work, I uninstalled it, rebooted and installed it again... that did not work.

What did work (at least on my machine) was the earlier post:

>>

<<

with the only difference being that I created it in the 16.0 key.

While not an ideal fix, I will roll the change to others if an updated version of connector that fixes the issue isn't released in the imminent future.

Are there any downsides to this change most importantly... is there a possibility of losing email messages with this change in place? Thanks.

Kevin

serlogo

Post by serlogo »

beta update working. :) thanks..