Help with AVG and MailEnable

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
cyx

Help with AVG and MailEnable

Post by cyx »

Does anyone know if I can install the
free version of AVG and use MailEnable
to integrate with it?

Can anyone state any special settings
that needs to be done on AVG
after installation?
Rafael B.

Redman

Post by Redman »

Try Panda Software command line scanner. This doesn't answer you AVG question, but I was using Norton Corporate version 7.4 VSCAND to as my virus checker. But after numerous warnings (real or not) from Symantec that their command line scanner doesn't detect 32 Bit virus I decided to go with Panda instead of Norton Corporate 8.1.

The license for the PandaCL is almost free $7.95 for a year, $11 for two years. Since I purchased it has been working flawlessly, and I have notice it detected more viruses that Norton.

So if you looking for an inexpensive virus checker for ME try Panda command line check. I still use Norton Corporate for everything else.

labsy

Post by labsy »

I have mailEnable FREE on Win2000 server.
Can I use PandaCL, too?

...and, do you have a link to PandaCL - I cannot find it on Panda web page. The only Command Line Scanner I found at Panda is a part of Panda Enterprise package, which is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!

MrByte

Post by MrByte »

yes, pleaaaaase, send us a link for the Panda CL.
I have tried to find it and as labsy says, the one on Panda's site is expensive... and it doesn't have an automatic virus signature update ....

Help is appreciated.
-MrByte

Redman

Post by Redman »

MrByte

Post by MrByte »

Redman,
thanks for the link, but that is exact the same I followed and at some point I got to the Enterprise products... and for some reason, not even Panda in Spain ( I called them) know specifics of this, because it is a NEW product (out since February....).
Even tough it mentions on the website that it supports Daily Updates, the product I got to download doesn't allows for it :?

I will get back with a Panda sales rep and post the result back to this forum.

-MrByte

labsy

Post by labsy »

I tried to buy this cheap piece of antivirus, but they do not allow me to buy that cheap - the minimum is 5 licences, which is 5xUS$8 = US$ 40 per year, which is not so cheap as it seems.

Seems like background purchase tricks are still in use :? ...

Post by Guest »

Yeah i also talked to a sales rep about commandline secure for windows, he claimed you had to buy a license for each user, one user is one mailbox, so its actually pr. mailbox on the server. Then its not so cheap anymore. I asked for the price for 200 mailboxes:
1 license at 5usd for 3 years service.
1 license at 7usd for 2 years service.
1 license at 9usd for 1 year service.
You do the math... :(

I think you can buy less the 5 license, on pandas site, you get redirected to a contact us page, if you ask for less then 5.

labsy

Post by labsy »

Anonymous wrote:I think you can buy less the 5 license, on pandas site, you get redirected to a contact us page, if you ask for less then 5.
Yeah, you are redirected to local representativeoffice, I contacted my locals, and they said as I stated above - not less than 5 licences, and should be 1 licence=1 mailbox. :?