Problems With Deleting PostOffices

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
Cyberprog

Problems With Deleting PostOffices

Post by Cyberprog »

I notice that when i create a PostOffice with the AddPostOffice() command it creates all the required entries and folders.

*However* when I remove the PostOffice with the RemovePostOffice() command (i think) the Folder does not go. It also messes up the folder permissions so that I'm not then able to delete the folder using the FileSystemObject.

My setup is such:

Dual Pentium 3 - 500
Windows 2000 Server (SP3) running my Control Panel
ASP Frontend with an SQL Server 2000 (SP2) backend.
256Mb Ram (development, production will be 1GB)
Pair of Mirrored 40GB IBM Drives Split 10/30
MailEnable Pro.

I am planning on creating a PostOffice for each Control Panel User, this would be the same as the webs that will be created in IIS. It also creates a folder structure.+
British Airways billboard ad: Breakfast in London, lunch in New York.
Spraycan addition: Luggage in Bermuda.

Cyberprog

Post by Cyberprog »

hello!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This is by design. If you remove the post office via the API you need to delete the directories as well. The MailEnable administration objects basically just work with the files in the Config directory, and may create initial paths that are required (i.e. data deletion needs to be done manually).

There are no folder permission changes (from memory I think the remove post office function just removes the post office entry from the POSTOFFICE.TAB), so this may be another issue. I'd need more details about the error and the permission changes in order to help here.

Cyberprog

Post by Cyberprog »

No error occurs with the PostOffice API, but the FSO Delete fails silently due to the permissions problem. The error raised is:

"The permissions on <folder> are incorrectly ordered which may cause some entries to be ineffective. Press OK to sort the permissions correctly, or Cancel to reset the permissions."

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

CP,

kinda complicated but ... I can only assume that you are trying to automate the deletion of postofices from the IIS. In this case you need to ensure that the security context in which the MEAOPO component is running has the permissions to delete the folder.

In short your probably better off to write a wrapper that calls MEOAPO from within COM+ and set the identify to IME_ADMIN OR change the permisions on the postoffices root to grant the correct access to the account in which you are attempting to delete with.

Cheers,

Dave
Regards, Andrew

Cyberprog

Post by Cyberprog »

The Control Panel is running within an Admin User. (Has to in order to use the ADSI Stuff...)